Re-Watching Khabib VS Conor on UFC's YouTube - Cruz's commentary made me mute the fight

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Holy shit, Dominick Cruz's commentary is so damn unbearable.

He's trying to assert himself in every situation, and most of the time he is wrong or totally being whack.

While Khabib was pounding Conor in the 2nd round on the ground, Cruz suggests that Conor is tiring Khabib out.

Rogan was like: I don't think he's trying to tire Khabib out. I don't think he has a choice here. I think Khabib is just pounding him.

Cruz then proceeds to 1-Up every sentence said by anyone up till I muted it in the 3rd round.

Holy shit. Talk about commentary spoiling a fight. Didn't hear it too well in the bar watching it Live. Glad for that.

Yeah it was pretty awful. That was the fight where I really started to dislike Cruz’s commentary. He is incredibly biased and opinionated most of the time and often tries to paint a narrative that’s based more on his expectations of the fight than what’s actually playing out. This was by far the worst example of that.

Damn, just finished the fight, and the UFC cut out the entire post-fight cage jump and everything.

Shame really, that was the most exciting part of the main-event.

I think the level of commentary in the UFC is pretty poor. It's gotten very buddy buddy like they're sitting around with a few beers. A lot of the time theres no urgency or reflection of the intensity of a fight.

My biggest pet peeve is when they start talking about hypotheticals rather than the fucking fight. Say if it's on the ground and a guy looks like he is setting up a Kimura. Joe or cruz starts talking about the setup. Next theres a scramble they end up on the feet and start striking but the boys keep talking about the situation that could have, but did not happen.

Call the fucking fight as you see it.

DC and Bisping are the best, now. Cruz and Rogan having their battle for ‘who is the biggest little guy’ can be amusing. I loved when Cruz first got the gig, and would constantly shut Rogan down.

But back to that particular fight.. I absolutely heard it too, and thought Cruz was on crack. For the record, he changes his stance right when you muted it! Lol

Khabib made complete fool of himself by becoming so emotional. It took him 4 rounds to win and Conor didn't even have a scratch on him
khabib carried conor wantin to put on a show for all of conors fans so they felt that they got their moneys worth buying the ppv.

floyd did the same thing.

lol at thinking conor was remotely effective or successful in either fight.

Agree. He sounded like a fookin Conor fanboi. "I don't understand why he isn't trying to get up... It looks bad but he's not eating em square... I think he's wearing Khabib out"
<Meh02>

Another terrible one was Joe Rogan calling Holloway-Ortega. If you heard his commentary on the radio you'd think they were going toe to toe. Max lands a six-punch combination: "Good combo by Max." Ortega lands a decent shot "OOOOOOAAAAHHH!!! WE GOT A FIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!"

nope

can't lift there

giphy.gif

Khabib made complete fool of himself by becoming so emotional. It took him 4 rounds to win and Conor didn't even have a scratch on him

Fair point

What does it say about Conor's mental toughness to quit without a mark?

He tapped to a simple face squeeze

Guy has no heart and he is extremely shook as we speak of facing usman

Dom is by far the most annoying guy in the commentary team. Fingers crossed he injures his larynx and has several surgeries and ends up sitting on the side lines for 3 years.

I really miss Mike Goldberg.

Fair point

What does it say about Conor's mental toughness to quit without a mark?

He tapped to a simple face squeeze

Guy has no heart and he is extremely shook as we speak of facing usman

You're back again to try and hate on Conor. As much as you dislike it the fact of the matter is that Conor is on top of the MMA game and he can call the shots. If Conor is interested in a match up then the UFC will make an effort to make the fight happen. From a business perspective it's not a smart move to have the biggest star in MMA compete during the lock down which is why we're not going to see Conor compete until everything goes back to normal. All of his recent twittering is just to keep people's interest in the UFC, nothing more

You're back again to try and hate on Conor. As much as you dislike it the fact of the matter is that Conor is on top of the MMA game and he can call the shots. If Conor is interested in a match up then the UFC will make an effort to make the fight happen. From a business perspective it's not a smart move to have the biggest star in MMA compete during the lock down which is why we're not going to see Conor compete until everything goes back to normal. All of his recent twittering is just to keep people's interest in the UFC, nothing more

He is shook man

Afraid to fight

No he didn't. Conor did by throwing a temper tantrum like a 7-year-old. Khabib vanquished a foe and just went on to beat up the rest of the team.

Shit happens. Why the melodrama?

used to be a fan of the guy but i'd rather see him get KO'd in his fights now because his commentary is so bad

I think the level of commentary in the UFC is pretty poor. It's gotten very buddy buddy like they're sitting around with a few beers. A lot of the time theres no urgency or reflection of the intensity of a fight.

My biggest pet peeve is when they start talking about hypotheticals rather than the fucking fight. Say if it's on the ground and a guy looks like he is setting up a Kimura. Joe or cruz starts talking about the setup. Next theres a scramble they end up on the feet and start striking but the boys keep talking about the situation that could have, but did not happen.

Call the fucking fight as you see it.

UFC commentary is poor because the commentators are employees of the UFC with ear pieces and a range of things they can and cannot say or express. They actually want every fight to be sensationalized, for you not to point out if a fighter his past his prime etc.

Boxing commentary is a lot better, correct me if I'm wrong but they aren't employees of the promoters and have a lot more freedom to be honest and critical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back