Why did Fedor's guard get passed so easily by Bigfoot?

medium rare

Shameless PRIDE fanboy
Banned
Reaction score
I rewatched it and Bigfoot took Fedor down pretty easily and passed his guard in 30 seconds, then mounted him. After spending about 2 minutes beating his head in, he stepped off for a little bit then mounted him with ease again.

Fedor was able to armbar Hong Man Choi and Mark Coleman off his back but couldn't do that to Bigfoot for some reason.

Was it because Bigfoot was on TRT or because Fedor was past his prime?

In his prime he was insanely explosive and Quick, he lost his groundgame because (i assume) hip and/or back injuries. At any rate trt 300 pounds bjj BB bigfoot was not a novice on the ground.

Fedor tried to explode out several times but bigfoot was prepared.

Crazy to think DC was able to completely annihilate that SAME Bigfoot in his very next fight.

Another reason why Strikeforce DC is the GOAT HW

1.gif

aysyrl.gif

In his prime he was insanely explosive and Quick, he lost his groundgame because (i assume) hip and/or back injuries. At any rate trt 300 pounds bjj BB bigfoot was not a novice on the ground.

Fedor tried to explode out several times but bigfoot was prepared.
Fedor never had any documented hip or back injuries.
Why did bjj blackbelt Bigfoot pass Fedors guard but one dimsional wrestler Coleman and freaking Hong Man Hoi got armbarred?

Wut<{1-1}>
Are you doubting the GOAT Fedor's level of competition?

Crazy to think DC was able to completely annihilate that SAME Bigfoot in his very next fight.

Another reason why Strikeforce DC is the GOAT HW

1.gif

aysyrl.gif

Part of it was probably a lunch bag let down after fighting Fedor...Plus in MMA, Cormier was who at that time? It wouldn't surprise me if Big Foot and his team thought they were fighting just some wrestler. No one can convince me that Silva trained harder for Cormier than Fedor.

I know he did not, but his coaches said he wasnt training seriously anymore and The guy stopped using his ground game. I also said it was an asumption. I think something stopped the judoka and master sambo guy from being able to grapple at a high level, i might be wrong but i dont have any other ideas for it.

In hindsight this question could look bad because of where Bigfoots chin is now but his BJJ was always his better area and hes solid when his chin holds up.

I know he did not, but his coaches said he wasnt training seriously anymore and The guy stopped using his ground game. I also said it was an asumption. I think something stopped the judoka and master sambo guy from being able to grapple at a high level, i might be wrong but i dont have any other ideas for it.
It may have had something to do with him fighting people with better submission defense than Mark Coleman and Hong Man Choi.

lol @ documented.

Like he is just gonna tell everyone about all his injuries.

Back