Jones should retire while he's on top

Shuque

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
He should take a page out the GSP playbook and get out while he's still on top.

He's the GOAT, got nothing left to prove and the gap between him and the top contenders has diminished to the point where most of his fights will be close and tough.

That said I doubt it will happen, his ego will keep him going until he falls like all the other greats (aside from GSP) before him.

Cejudo left alot on the table. He could of dominated for quite while IMO.

It feels like the end of Jones' reign is near.

Gotta admid he has looked a bit shaky for a few scraps, but time will tell...

Agree with TS. Apart from the Reyes rematch, a fight with rakic and volkan... I've pretty much seen every jones fight u ever wanted to see.

Forget Cejwhodo...
It would have meant more if he fought legit top guys in his last few fights. Dom Cruze was absolutely the best at one point but that's just it WAS and hadn't fought in like 4 years. It was a joke fight imo. It would have meant more if he fought cody garbrant who's in a 3 fight ko loss streak.

It would have meant more if he fought legit top guys in his last few fights. Dom Cruze was absolutely the best at one point but that's just it WAS and hadn't fought in like 4 years. It was a joke fight imo. It would have meant more if he fought cody garbrant who's in a 3 fight ko loss streak.

I would like but all out, props and indeed.

They like to re-run the same product too often...mind that I like Dom as a scrapper (not as a commentator) and have tons of respect regardless of my occasional snide comments.

Edit: Odd I could like dispute last time it said I couldn't. Code mastery FTW!

If he retires then people here will say he's ducking all these new, dangerous LHW contenders that no one talked about until this retirement.

They all should, but no one can. Imagine how we’d view Silva if he retired after Bonnar, or Fedor if he retired after Arlovski or Rogers. GSP is the only one who has gotten out at the right time so far.

It's a job for most fighters first and foremost it's money, hard to walk away from millions of dollars. In the words of Quinton Rampage Jackson..."I like money, it looks good in my pocket".

Its crazy that Jones is still at the top a decade later almost. Hes fighting his 3rd wave of talent you could say. Dont think he will be successful with the 4th; if thats at HW or the next line of LHW contenders in a couple years.

He won't.
It's always nice to see the torch passed down in a loss...not just relinquished. At least that's my take.

Back