Should/Could the UFC implement mandatory title defenses?

Finding Deebo

Swimming in Heaven, lookin' for Craig!!
Banned
Reaction score
Not exactly sure how boxing does it with contracts and what not, but is it a valid idea for the UFC?

they could and in the past they have stripped fighters of the title for not defending

but they will never use it on their golden boys

They should, honestly I feel there is too much stalling. Enough of this Diva shit or get off the pot...

2x a year or move on and give an immediate title shot due to prolonged injury...

Edit: Same with rankings...

I would prefer it but it may be tricky.

I'm not a lawyer but if UFC wants to continue to employ fighters as independent contractors I think they need to give fighters a certain amount of autonomy.

Also, I don't think they NEED to do it. UFC has 11 champions. As long a couple of them fight twice a year they have enough to headline 12 PPV cards a year. And the UFC has the ability to strip champions whenever they take too long to defend.

I would prefer it but it may be tricky.

I'm not a lawyer but if UFC wants to continue to employ fighters as independent contractors I think they need to give fighters a certain amount of autonomy.

Also, I don't think they NEED to do it. UFC has 11 champions. As long a couple of them fight twice a year they have enough to headline 12 PPV cards a year. And the UFC has the ability to strip champions whenever they take too long to defend.
Great points. My follow up question is why does boxing do it then? I Agree with you, but I'm wondering if there's something to it that I'm missing if boxing does it. They have a boatload of weight classes.

Great points. My follow up question is why does boxing do it then? I Agree with you, but I'm wondering if there's something to it that I'm missing if boxing does it. They have a boatload of weight classes.

Boxing these rankings get manipulated easily by the governing bodies.. What promoter has the most pull, and his fighter can get a mandatory title shot..

I hate this mantra created by pinky idiot, in recent years.. We are soooo hypocritical. Always first in line to judge(troll,mock,hummiliate) fighters for horsemeat yet when they are injured for too long, of course again first in line to judge "ooo why is he waiting so long, aaa he is stalling the division".. Goddamn

I hate this mantra created by pinky idiot, in recent years.. We are soooo hypocritical. Always first in line to judge(troll,mock,hummiliate) fighters for horsemeat yet when they are injured for too long, of course again first in line to judge "ooo why is he waiting so long, aaa he is stalling the division".. Goddamn
Who's talking about horsemeat?

max 9 month...6 months if the last fight was suspension/injury free.

Of course they should. They've even successfully put it in a contract, but that guy retired instead of defending. Again.

I remember the time when GSP and Anderson were legendary champions and they just took out all contenders one by one.

Silva averaged 2.25 fights per year during his reign. GSP averaged 2, and I believe Jones has an average of 2 as well. This includes all of their layoffs due to injury, and all of Jones's suspensions and legal shit.

Different breed of champs in every way.

All these "force champion" threads are soo frequent last few weeks. And they are all coming from the same place. Even when Conor didnt give a single fuck about UFC, wasnt like this.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

Who's talking about horsemeat?

ImpartialEmbellishedCivet-small.gif

Well...

Go back to the beginning interim belts being used as a vehicle to at least temporarily replace champs who refuse to defend or who were injured for eternity(NOT CHAMPS WHO CAN'T DEFEND ON THE EXACT DATE OR MONTH YOU WANT THEM TO). If the lineal champ comes around/recovers you have a mega fight. Good system.

If this thread is motivated by Stipe please go fuck yourself.

All these "force champion" threads are soo frequent last few weeks. And they are all coming from the same place. Even when Conor didnt give a single fuck about UFC, wasnt like this.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

He was called out and still is called out for his BS stall tactics and not defending, it's pretty much in every Conor related post.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.
What place is it coming from?

Back