UFC Free Fight: Whittaker-Romero II

Great fight to watch.

Hope Whittaker gets back to winning ways soon.

He can’t get back to winning if he’s ducking guys like Cannonier (And Rockhold, Gastelum, Moose, etc)

Robbery Whiducker: whenever he’s not getting robberies, he’s ducking.

F708EEA7-BCE6-4D6D-BBB0-C6D9EE7D2CBB.jpeg

No thanks

If I wanted to watch robbery, I’d tune in to the Minnesota coverage on the news.

<DisgustingHHH>
Fuck outta here you bum

DfTqhgEVMAEnVI2.jpg

8FtUYhj.jpg

Two great scaps...props to both and damn close on the call...

Agreed. People may be upset with who got their hand raised, but at the end of the day they were two great fights and should be appreciated.

When did he duck Mousasi?

Moose called him out for over a year and Whit had every excuse in the book from “injury” to eventually he needed a “holiday” break lol.

Moose eventually couldn’t get a title shot or even a #1 Contender fight and went to Bellator

Source:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/robert-whittaker/robert-whittaker-gegard-mousasi-ill-fight-bloody-holiday/?amp

(Ironically Whit mysteriously came back from his “vacation” and accepted a fight against 40 year old Jac ONLY after Moose got tired of waiting and booked a fight with Weidman)

Whittaker doesn't get enough credit for this fight. Say what you want about the decision (could go either way or draw to me), he beat Yoel clear as day the first time and the rematch was a war. People act like he just got clobbered in this fight and he just didn't. Even with a broken hand, he broke Yoel's face with elbows and got up from knockdowns to land headkicks that rocked Romero and completely backed him off. Whittaker changed his face for real, not just talk like Khabib.

Whiattaker is an amazing talent and that fight is one of the greatest in MW history.

Ngannou ducked Mousasi by staying at heavyweight

If he was a real man he would've cut his leg off and fought the GOAT

Every time an MMA fight takes place that Mousasi isn't involved in, both parties are ducking Mousasi. This is the golden rule. fucking Mousasi fans are weird as shit.

No thanks

If I wanted to watch robbery, I’d tune in to the Minnesota coverage on the news.

<DisgustingHHH>
You scream "robbery", at most it would be a draw for Romero.

There's even an argument that Whittaker should have won R1 10-8, given Romero had virtually no offense, and Yoel's face was fucked up after R1.

Unified Rules of MMA (2020)
"Judges must CONSIDER giving the score of 10 – 8 when a fighter shows dominance in the round even though no impactful scoring against the opponent was achieved. MMA is an offensive based sport. No scoring is given for defensive maneuvers. Using smart, tactically sound defensive maneuvers allows the fighter to stay in the fight and to be competitive. Dominance of a round can be seen in striking when the losing fighter continually attempts to defend, with no counters or reaction taken when openings present themselves."

Bobby is a fucking warrior. I can't wait to see him fighting again and will always rooting for him.

Back