Let’s be honest: The UFC has become a s---show.

Yodhin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The BMF belt, Conor fighting Silva, cross fit moms calling themselves elite fighters, fight island.

The spirit of the fight game has long left the UFC. What a disaster. It’s a crap production outfit and they answer to no one.

Conor fighting Silva? I thought he was fighting Snoozeman ?

BMF belt literally didn't matter and has had 0 impact on the ufc. Pretty sure it was just the UFC's way of scamming ESPN by filling one of their contracted title bout events.

Conor isn't fighting Silva.

I tend to agree with the third. I like WMMA a lot , but some of these women they're trying to push are terrible and/or boring.

Fight Island probably isn't happening but it's a great meme.

Honestly how is this "becoming" a shit show tho. All of this kind of stuff has been happening for years and years.

They actually created a fake belt and put that fake belt around the winner.

The UFC actually approved a fake belt and called the fight a "title fight"

Good God.

Cringey? Ehhh... Sure.

Most embarrassing? Far from it. We can agree to disagree.

UFC has always been bat shit crazy lol.
Its part of the charm.

McGregor v Silva and Fight Island are super exciting to me lol

They actually created a fake belt and put that fake belt around the winner.

The UFC actually approved a fake belt and then called the fight an actual "title fight"

Good God.

sooo all the belts are fake?

you know they were created in the same way right?

I miss Pride, it was a club for real men without nonsense.

tenor.gif

I miss to see the fighting of modern samurai,and the Japanese crowd respected the warriors.

in the USA everything is about $$$,drama,business and boring history to sell fights

I love fights,I don't like drama.

in Japan they look at the fighter as a warrior, in the USA you have to be a circus monkey from the audience to be successful.

Asians understand a fighter better.

5dc57035dd649.jpeg

The BMF belt, Conor fighting Silva, cross fit moms calling themselves elite fighters, fight island.

The spirit of the fight game has long left the UFC. What a disaster. It’s a crap production outfit and they answer to no one.

what is popular today? look at music,movies,series.

only nonsense are successful in the modern world,WMMA is bullshit level D athletes in the ufc is a horrible joke.

cross fit moms calling themselves elite fighters

Do not disrespect Tonya Evinger like that brah

tonya-evinger-invicta-fc-13.jpg

But really, MMA has always had a bit of a freakshow element. It's not a league sport and it's driven by sales and numbers. So there's always gonna be certain characters like Conor, Ronda, CM Punk, Brock, Kimbo, etc, that bring an element of spectacle for the sake of money making. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it many times. I still think most fights are legit, Fight Island is more of a byproduct of Covid times, so it isn't really related.

PRIDE was also a " shit show" with gimmick fights and crazy production, but we all loved it.

UFC isn't much different right now.

You're right. Then the two most deserving fighters fought to be the champion of that division.

Everybody that holds a belt right now has worked their way to a shot at the champ and had to beat the champ in that division to get their championship belt.

Sounds pretty fair to me.

I miss Pride, it was a club for real men without nonsense.

tenor.gif

I miss to see the fighting of modern samurai,and the Japanese crowd respected the warriors.

in the USA everything is about $$$,drama,business and boring history to sell fights

I love fights,I don't like drama.

in Japan they look at the fighter as a warrior, in the USA you have to be a circus monkey from the audience to be successful.

Asians understand a fighter better.

5dc57035dd649.jpeg

what is popular today? look at music,movies,series.

only nonsense are successful in the modern world,WMMA is bullshit level D athletes in the ufc is a horrible joke.

Lol exactly, people pretend like the UFC has ruined MMA. Meanwhile Pride had Zuluzinho, Bob Sapp, Hong Man Choi, Cro Cop fighting a fucking guy wearing a mask, Butterbean, worked matches, crazy entrances , etc.

Don't get me wrong, I love all that shit. The thing I wish they really fixed is champions holding up belts and taking "money fights" instead of contenders, and giving unwarranted shots instead of legit ones. But this might get solved if they just decide to eventually pay fighters more.

TS is a n00b who doesn’t know anything about mma. Lol at “the spirit of the fight game.” What a mark.

I'm starting to think that, in fact, many dont know.
The UFC belts dont belong to any sanctioning body, they just create them in house.

Outside of a pay bump for being champ, those belts are barely worth the cost of materials.
Boxing may have too many belts to count, but at least they're sanctioned by WBA, WBO, IBF, Ring, etc.
UFC belts are trinkets that zuffa has full reign over, they were never 'prestigious'

But it's our shit show!

ebaef64329947648c95de65cbee8f1ed.gif

Back