Eddie Hearn says “real chance Dillian Whyte vs Ngannou in 2020.”

Gregory brunner

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Dillian Whyte's showdown with UFC star Francis Ngannou could be staged this year, says Eddie Hearn

For those who don’t know, Dillian Whyte is a legit British heavyweight boxer. As of February 2020, he is ranked as the world's third best active heavyweight from “the ring magazine.” Interesting enough he was also a kick boxer, and has one mma fight one his record. His only boxing loss is to Joshua. I’m not quite sure how good, if he is truly the 3rd best in the world, I personally would put fury,Joshua,wilder above him. But he is definitely in the top group. He has legit ko power for sure. I would definitely love if ngannou got this fight, big pay day. However I would be extremely concerned that he could get exposed in a boxing ring... his opponent Whyte is not a technical defensive master like flyod, he is a “body snatcher” ngannou could get hurt bad. But the fact is the intrigue ngannous power being put to a real test like this and his chin being put to the test vs power that’s not in the ufc outside himself, would be so cool. If he landed a k/o shot vs a real title contender in the boxing world, I would love to see it. Personally I would ask for an mma fight if I was ngannou, I think he would win that no problem.

Imagine Ngannou having a gas tank of 12 round instead of 1. <6>

4aKy6Bv.gif

This fight doesn't really make much sense for either fight so I can't see it happening. Whyte has the most to lose, assuming this takes place in a boxing ring, since he has been waiting for a title shot for a couple years now.

If it does happen then Whyte should win pretty easily if it's a 12 round boxing match and Ngannou would win in MMA. A 3 round K1 match would be the most interesting.

Boxing rules, Francis will get fucked up. Doesn't make a lot of sense for him. Yes, he'll get paid, but he stands to lose a lot of his monster aura if he gets starched cold. His chin could also be cracked permanently.

Francis does realize that boxing is mainly a sport of endurance and cardio right?

Will never happen.

MMA heavies are atrocious and Francis has a legit chance to reign for a long time.

Getting starched 2 minutes after the Jaws theme would be economically braindead.

These boxer vs mma fighter match-ups are nothing short of ridiculous.
What's the point of seeing mma fighter getting his/hers ass handed to them?
Atleast let them make it a little more competetive fight by pitting old boxers vs young mma fighters.

Boxing rules, Francis will get fucked up. Doesn't make a lot of sense for him. Yes, he'll get paid, but he stands to lose a lot of his monster aura if he gets starched cold. His chin could also be cracked permanently.
That’s my worry

Listened to Frank on Tyson's show. Said his goal is still to be a pro boxer. And Whyte seems the type to accept even an MMA match on a big stage (he's fought on a small stage in the past). More open than most. And some boxers wouldn't accept a cross-fight because of purist principle.

I believe it. I also don't think money will be the problem since Ngannou wants to do it and would get paid well, while the boxer always gets paid in his arena.

Whyte is a tall tall order for a boxing debut, he should win that. But very intrigued to see how Ngannou does on a boxing ring. Hopefully it lasts more than 5 rounds.

In a boxing ring Whyte would absolutely embarrass Ngannou.

Whyte's 20-1 as a kickboxer, wonder if he'd risk going against him in MMA.

Well if Zuffa boxing is ever going to be a thing then it's now or never.

i.e never.

giphy.gif

Dillian Whyte's showdown with UFC star Francis Ngannou could be staged this year, says Eddie Hearn

For those who don’t know, Dillian Whyte is a legit British heavyweight boxer. As of February 2020, he is ranked as the world's third best active heavyweight from “the ring magazine.” Interesting enough he was also a kick boxer, and has one mma fight one his record. His only boxing loss is to Joshua. I’m not quite sure how good, if he is truly the 3rd best in the world, I personally would put fury,Joshua,wilder above him. But he is definitely in the top group. He has legit ko power for sure. I would definitely love if ngannou got this fight, big pay day. However I would be extremely concerned that he could get exposed in a boxing ring... his opponent Whyte is not a technical defensive master like flyod, he is a “body snatcher” ngannou could get hurt bad. But the fact is the intrigue ngannous power being put to a real test like this and his chin being put to the test vs power that’s not in the ufc outside himself, would be so cool. If he landed a k/o shot vs a real title contender in the boxing world, I would love to see it. Personally I would ask for an mma fight if I was ngannou, I think he would win that no problem.

anyone watching as Ngannue swings his punches from his feet...seeing his punches come 5 miles away, will know, any decent boxer will have their way with him...Ngannue will get brutalized...there's a huge difference beating guys in mma and beating guys in pure boxing...the skill level in boxing is light years ahead....as far as pure boxing goes.

Ngannou would get smoked by a real boxer and has no cardio

exactly this....those big swinging punches will not have nearly the same effect in boxing..just ask conor...bigger gloves and the bigger gloves allow much easier defense of the punches...the punches that ko'd guys in mma, will not do anything to the guys in boxing.

Back