If Izzy vs Costa was 3 rounds

SteveColdStone

School of Self Awareness
@Silver
Reaction score
Who would you pick? There’s a narrative that Costa has bad cardio but I don’t agree with it. He fights at an insane pace and naturally he will slow down, but he still was able to return fire in round 3 against Yoel. In a 5 rounder with a range kickboxer like Izzy he could have problems though. He won’t be able to sustain his pace for 5 rounds if he can’t get Izzy out of there, and then if he has to sit back at range Izzy has a natural advantage and could end up outpounting him later on. In a 5 round fight I think I would pick Izzy (less confidence than I had before the Yoel fight), but in a 3 round fight I think I’d have to go with Costa.

UntimelyClosedBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

9klvvW2.gif

images

VengefulTanImperialeagle-size_restricted.gif

Costa is a War tank,with fuel for 5 rounds.

the fight vs Romero was insane,90% intense and he didn't get tired.

but this fight doesn't go for round 2,Paulo doesn't respect Adesanya,he goes to kill.

Adesanya running as he did with Romero,it will be useless against Costa.
{<diva}

I personally never question his cardio when I call him light work, all about that technique.

Funny how something as simple as a change in hair color can make me automatically root for the opponent. WAR COSTA!

Costa should train some extra sprinting for catching up with Izzy.

After feeling the power of the natty goat izzy will put his sneakers on. I think it doesn't matter if it will be 3, 5 or 11 rounds. Costa will hurt him, Izzy is going to quit.

I got:
61VqwbrvHIL._SY355_.png

UntimelyClosedBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif

9klvvW2.gif

images

VengefulTanImperialeagle-size_restricted.gif

Costa is a War tank,with fuel for 5 rounds.

the fight vs Romero was insane,90% intense and he didn't get tired.

but this fight doesn't go for round 2,Paulo doesn't respect Adesanya,he goes to kill.

Adesanya running as he did with Romero,it will be useless against Costa.
{<diva}

What? Costa and Romero were both clearly exhausted going into round 3.

If it were 3 rounds then it wouldn't be nearly as significant of a fight. I doubt this one makes it to the 4th. Let's just hope there isn't some bullshit stoppage or another refusal to engage by Izzy.

I always enjoy a fight with two undefeated fighters. Somebody's gonna cry.

3 rounds is perfect for Costa. In a fight with Romero, he looked like a walking corpse at the end of the third. If that fight lasted any longer, it would not be good for him. Of course, Romero was visibly exhausted too, but Costa was unable to do anything at the end of that fight (if you dont count getting beaten up). I can only imagine what he would look like in 4th and 5th.

Honestly, I don't think Costa beats him in any situation as long the fight stays standing.

The SMART pick for this fight is and has always been Adesanya. The fight is going to be almost entirely contested on the feet. Adesanya has a MASSIVE experience advantage when it comes to striking. He is 75-5 in kickboxing and all of his losses were to World Champions. Despite what morons that may try a convince you otherwise all of his skills a transferrred over seamlessly into MMA. Adesanya has defeated many strikers with more complex and technical stand up skills then Costa on a regular basis for almost half his life. Not mention he has a ridiculous 8 INCH REACH ADVANTAGE.

A lot of people look at the Romero fight and point to that as reason why Costa should be favored against Adesanya but they are taking away the wrong information. Yes the fight was boring as fuck but from BETTING PERSPECTIVE and for a skill perspective it made Adesanya and even BIGGER FAVORITE against Costa.

After the Robert fight Sportbooks released the odds for the bout, with Adesanya opening as a -140 betting favorite and Costa being a +100 underdog. Instead we got the Romero fight then they re-released the odds of Adesanya/Costa this time Adesanya as a -185 betting favorite, with Costa being a +160 underdog.

Why did Stylebender become even more favored to beat Costa after that fight. The fight displayed his risk management skills in a high pressure situation and his ability evade for an extended period.

This is just a bad match up for Borrichina

Back