DC Skeptical of Jones Asking Price for HW, Reveals He Makes More than Reported

Arista

XX
@Black
Reaction score

DC says that he doesn't know Jon's current contract, but he seems to think he might have asked for an unrealistic figure to fight Francis. DC thinks if Jones asked for 7 or 8 million plus PPV points, the UFC would give it to him. He must be speaking from personal experience to come up with an exact figure like that.

Cormier rationalizes that whatever Jones is making now would dictate just how much of an increase Jones could get and although there is no live gate, he still believes the UFC would give him an increase for the Ngannou fight. DC also questioned if Jones truly wants to fight Ngannou; he could be asking for an astronomical amount on purpose knowing he'll get nowhere.

DC indirectly told on himself and from all the numbers he's throwing around and the ignorant boasting about how fighters aren't underpaid, it's appears he's getting at least a few million per fight. More than the 1 million that's often reported anyway. I really don't like how he is bragging about his wages and dismisses the fact that fighters overall are underpaid. I get he's a company man and he loves to cape for Dana and the UFC. But does he not realize he is in the 1%?

Cormier confirmed Sherdogger...

Jones will forever be in DC's head, at least part of his leg will be...

The reasons I'm inclined to believe Jon are because 1) Dana all but confirmed it, and 2) the fight makes zero sense for the UFC as a business. Jon and Francis are two of the company's biggest faces, and one of them has to lose that fight. If Jon loses his granite chin, and subsequent ability to keep winning, could be wrecked. If Francis loses, then one of the very few serious contenders goes back to the likes of a Lewis rematch

DC was a HW cutting enormous amounts of weight to make 205 lbs. Jones beat him 2X, fair square

The reasons I'm inclined to believe Jon are because 1) Dana all but confirmed it, and 2) the fight makes zero sense for the UFC as a business. Jon and Francis are two of the company's biggest faces, and one of them has to lose that fight. If Jon loses his granite chin, and subsequent ability to keep winning, could be wrecked. If Francis loses, then one of the very few serious contenders goes back to the likes of a Lewis rematch
Remember when the challenge and glory mattered?

Me neither.

DC has been treated very well by the UFC because he's reliable, takes fights to save events instead of having them cancelled like Jones does and he's never failed a drug test or gotten arrested.

I don't know what Jones got offered, but it's far more than he deserves. I say that as someone who virtually never sides with the UFC over a fighter, but this is an anomaly. Jones has no business even being allowed to compete professionally but because of his status and all the strings that have been pulled for him, he gets to continue to defend his sham of a belt.

This entire pay argument is a facade anyway, it's semantics. Jones has been teasing this HW move for going on 7 years now and has never actually done it. He priced himself out of the fight if he even asked for it at all and if he isn't able to get as much as DC has, then that's his own fault. Dude belongs in prison, the UFC have done everything they can to promote a known criminal scumbag.

DC spitting truth regarding ignorant retards crying about fighter pay
lol you mean the UFC golden boy who spews propaganda for them at every event he works gets paid well and preferrential title shot treatment?
I am shocked!

DC has been treated very well by the UFC because he's reliable, takes fights to save events instead of having them cancelled like Jones does and he's never failed a drug test or gotten arrested.

I don't know what Jones got offered, but it's far more than he deserves. I say that as someone who virtually never sides with the UFC over a fighter, but this is an anomaly. Jones has no business even being allowed to compete professionally but because of his status and all the strings that have been pulled for him, he gets to continue to defend his sham of a belt.

This entire pay argument is a facade anyway, it's semantics. Jones has been teasing this HW move for going on 7 years now and has never actually done it. He priced himself out of the fight if he even asked for it at all and if he isn't able to get as much as DC has, then that's his own fault. Dude belongs in prison, the UFC have done everything they can to promote a known criminal scumbag.
He gets paid well because he is reliable? He has pulled out of multiple fights and has an injury history.
No he gets paid well because he is the ultimate corporate company man and will sit there with a mic and tell people things like "yeah Cruz clearly took 11 unanswered shots from Cejudo. Wow that Cejudo guy is arguably a goat!"

He gets paid well because he is reliable?
No he gets paid well because he is the ultimate corporate company man and will sit there with a mic and tell people things like "yeah Cruz clearly took 11 unanswered shots from Cejudo. Wow that Cejudo guy is arguably a goat!"

That's part of it as well.

But you're incorrect if you don't think it's a huge deal in the UFC's eyes that DC took on Anderson Silva on a few days notice when Jones popped again, meanwhile Jones refused to fight Sonnen on short notice and had an event cancelled over it. DC also stepped in and fought Lewis to save another card. They don't forget that shit. They can find any asshole to bring up the talking points they want during fights. DC happens to be good on the mic, people like him, he's a draw and one of the few guys who has proven he will step up for them on short notice in multiple weight classes. All of this is part of the picture and affects pay.

On the other hand Francis beating Jones would turn Francis into a huge star and there's a possibility that Jones loses to some scrub at LHW in his next defense. Worst case Scenario would be Jones beating Francis then losing to somebody like Jan Blachowicz.

I really don't like how he is bragging about his wages and dismisses the fact that fighters overall are underpaid. I get he's a company man and he loves to cape for Dana and the UFC. But does he not realize he is in the 1%?

Here's a question: What makes you think you know more about DC about whether or not fighters are underpaid? Perhaps he knows something we don't. All the numbers we get are estimates and speculation. He's lived the lifestyle so have many of his friends and coworkers.

That's part of it as well.

But you're incorrect if you don't think it's a huge deal in the UFC's eyes that DC took on Anderson Silva on a few days notice when Jones popped again, meanwhile Jones refused to fight Sonnen on short notice and had an event cancelled over it. DC also stepped in and fought Lewis to save another card. They don't forget that shit. They can find any asshole to bring up the talking points they want during fights. DC happens to be good on the mic, people like him, he's a draw and one of the few guys who has proven he will step up for them on short notice in multiple weight classes. All of this is part of the picture and affects pay.
DC took that Silva fight on a few days notice just shows even more how much a company shill he is and that fight was a total sham. like, can there be a more obvious grifted payday to save a shitty card? Wow so scary fighting a guy way smaller than you in a sparring match where you're a 6-1 favorite and making more than anyone else on the card!

The Lewis fight likewise was a laughably easy matchup where Cormier was a 4-1 favorite and was a "title fight". Then after the fight is talking like he is the GOAT for it. Oh also want to forget that it was actually Lewis who took that fight literally after fighting 4 weeks earlier? And that Lewis had said he wasn't ready, yet they immediately made the matchup afterwards? Why? Cause the UFC doesn't give a shit about anything other than their cash cows. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rmier-lewis-to-headline-ufc-230-idUSKCN1MK08A

You pointing to examples of him getting preferred-matchup fights and being on UFC speed-dial only further shows that he makes way more than most for being a shill.

I just listened to it. Interesting, because we never get to know exactly how much the fighters actually make as opposed to what is disclosed.

Cormier got 500k disclosed vs Stipe. WIth Reebok sponsorship and whatever backroom stuff I'm sure he made something like 750k + PPV points. How does he get from there to 7-8million? And PPV on top?

Let's assume DC vs Stipe made made about 500-600k buys. I was under the impression that fighters made $2 or $3 per PPV buy? That would come out to about 2-3 million for DC all in all.

How would Jon reach a 7-8mil figure and PPV on top? I think 4-5mil with PPV points is realistic, but I'm sure there's something I'm missing. Unless fighters are getting far more than $2-$3 per buy, or there's some huge undisclosed sum.

Last edited:

I truly think your emotions in regards to Jones have you unable to process the situation in any objective manner. Jones puts on intriguing fights that put asses in seats period. Nobody cares whether you think he should be allowed to blah blah blah. He is allowed to fight and he does. You will undoubtedly watch said fight so all of this talk about what he shouldn't get is hypocritical. He fights, the fans enjoy his fights and subsequently the UFC makes money. That is business. All of your feelings about him are irrelevant to that

DC took that Silva fight on a few days notice just shows even more how much a company shill he is and that fight was a total sham. like, can there be a more obvious grifted payday to save a shitty card? Wow so scary fighting a guy way smaller than you in a sparring match where you're a 6-1 favorite and making more than anyone else on the card!

The Lewis fight likewise was a laughably easy matchup where Cormier was a 4-1 favorite and was a "title fight". Then after the fight is talking like he is the GOAT for it. Oh also want to forget that it was actually Lewis who took that fight literally after fighting 4 weeks earlier? And that Lewis had said he wasn't ready, yet they immediately made the matchup afterwards? Why? Cause the UFC doesn't give a shit about anything other than their cash cows. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...rmier-lewis-to-headline-ufc-230-idUSKCN1MK08A

You pointing to examples of him getting preferred-matchup fights and being on UFC speed-dial only further shows that he makes way more than most for being a shill.

DC fought Anderson on short notice, someone who was objectively more of a threat to him than Sonnen was to Jones after Jones put another card in jeopardy. DC had a bad back for the Lewis fight and took it to save the card. Lewis is a dangerous fighter no matter how unskilled you or I think he is and that was a risk for DC to take while he was injured. The odds do not reflect the fact that DC was not fully prepared for that fight. Lewis coming off a camp and being in shape actually hurts your argument, regardless of what he said.

If you want to call that being a shill, cool. I disagree with such a harsh term being used, but I can see that perspective. No matter what you call it though, he does his company favors and he gets paid back because of it. That's generally how business goes. Jones embarrasses them repeatedly, then trashes them weeks after another public arrest where he was crying and making a fool of himself. Again, I never side with the UFC but this is an exception. The man is literally only allowed to continue fighting because of the strings that have been pulled for him. They have bailed him out and given him free passes time and time again.

Was Sonnen not laughably easy for Jones? Why didn't he take the fight and save the card then? He hurts the UFC with his PED tests, his arrests and his unwillingness to ever help them. DC is the opposite, so he has been compensated for taking those risks. If you want to say that fighting a Silva who actually hurt him with a body kick and going up against one of the heaviest hitters at HW while he had an injured back weren't risks, then I think it's pretty clear your bias is affecting your judgment on this topic.

Looking at your reply, you don't even seem to disagree with me. You just want to call DC a shill for what he's done and say it wasn't much of a risk, instead of admitting that in the real world this is how businesses operate. DC is compensated for his body of work, his attitude and the way he has put himself on the line when it was asked of him. Jones has fucked them over repeatedly and never given a shit about anyone but himself. It's that simple.

I truly think your emotions in regards to Jones have you unable to process the situation in any objective manner. Jones puts on intriguing fights that put asses in seats period. Nobody cares whether you think he should be allowed to blah blah blah. He is allowed to fight and he does. You will undoubtedly watch said fight so all of this talk about what he shouldn't get is hypocritical. He fights, the fans enjoy his fights and subsequently the UFC makes money. That is business. All of your feelings about him are irrelevant to that

I'm not interested in your assessment of my emotions. I deal in facts, and that's what my post consisted of. Can't say the same for you. Take care.

I'm not interested in your assessment of my emotions. I deal in facts, and that's what my post consisted of. Can't say the same for you. Take care.
So as you sit there watching Jones every fight wishing he doesnt get paid for them do you feel empowered? Like a guest of wind under your sail?

Back