Should the next The Ultimate Fighter season be Japan vs S. Korea or China

Seso

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A nation battle? Tuf had once a Canada vs Australia nation season.

Why i think that this is a good idea:
1.Ufc needs a stronger presence in Asia.
2.Asia has a lot of talent and money to offer.
3.There is a strong rivalry between Japan and Korea&China, so a lot of people from those countries would watch it
4. Ufc has no fighters from Japan

Just make it a nation war between them and see who the toughest son of a bitch is.

Japan vs Korea or Serbia vs Croatia would be fire

A lot of bad blood between those countries

A lot of Japanese fighters are focussed on RIZIN shockingly. They are doing big numbers over there

A nation battle? Tuf had once a Canada vs Australia nation season.

Why i think that this is a good idea:
1.Ufc needs a stronger presence in Asia.
2.Asia has a lot of talent and money to offer.
3.There is a strong rivalry between Japan and Korea&China, so a lot of people from those countries would watch it
4. Ufc has no fighters from Japan
Japan vs China?
How about Israel vs Iran?
Do you know the history between these two countries?

They also did U.S. vs Europe which was a fun season (McGregor and Faber as coaches).

Maybe a U.S. vs Asia or North America vs The World.

I don't think Japan vs China would do very well in the ratings TBH.

Most of the chinese doesnt speak english. I am not a fan of the idea cause idk how you but i dont speak chinese man

Yes and we should all eat their native dish, Pho.

A lot of Japanese fighters are focussed on RIZIN shockingly. They are doing big numbers over there

No they’re not lol. Their last few events have been considered a colossal ratings bust. Their last NYE card drew their worst ratings in history.

They did that road to the UFC thing that Yashabo and Hirota both won by drawing in the final.

That was basically TUF Japan, I don't think anyone in Japan gave a fuck about it.

They did that road to the UFC thing that Yashabo and Hirota both won by drawing in the final.

That was basically TUF Japan, I don't think anyone in Japan gave a fuck about it.
Such a disappointing season. Didn't help that Wicky got robbed against Ishihara.

Such a disappointing season. Didn't help that Wicky got robbed against Ishihara.

I think they saw star potential in Ishihara, I think they figured he could be what Mikuru Asakura is now. Big personality, just not quite a UFC level fighter, unfortunately.

Japan vs China?
How about Israel vs Iran?
Do you know the history between these two countries?
Yeah i know the history and exactly that's why all the milions of super proud japanese, korean, chinese would watch it. That's almost like a football/soccer derby, but because of the historical rivalry it would get even a bigger hype.

Last edited:
No they’re not lol. Their last few events have been considered a colossal ratings bust. Their last NYE card drew their worst ratings in history.
Don't know where you got that? The asakura brothers are pulling in consistent big numbers. Where has it shown that its been a bust?

Yeah i know the history and exactly that's why all the milions of super proud japanese, korean, chinese would watch it. That's almost like a football/soccer derby, but because of the historical rivalry it would get even a bigger hype.
MMA isn't really that big in East Asia.

No they’re not.
Don't know where you got that? The asakura brothers are pulling in consistent big numbers. Where has it shown that its been a bust?
There are threads after every event in the Worldwide MMA Discussion su forum that talk about Rizin’s ratings. They’re not doing well.

No they’re not.

There are threads after every event in the Worldwide MMA Discussion su forum that talk about Rizin’s ratings. They’re not doing well.
I know NYE 2019 wasn't the success they wanted but previous years got 5.7% of overall raitings and they consistently sell out their stadiums. They don't put on a absurd amount of shows like bellator either.

Only if they get Sexyama to be the coach for both teams.

Back