The sad state of HW

Human Bass

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
DC is too old, great fighter but just one or two fights away from retirement.

Stipe is the one-eyed firefighter during covid times that can never schedule a camp.

Werdum also super old.

Newcomers dont seem to have any special talent, an old Arlovski can neutralize them.

Alistair is doing well, but also a very long time veteran that we know what to expect.

JDS past his prime and that stupid jab to the body.

Only Ngannou really excites me.

Ufc should throw some decent money at some heavyweight olympic judokas, wrestlers, more random big africans, whatever necessary to renew this awful weight class.

Yes, basically like it has been for the past 30 years. The same ol fighters...

we should bring back Timeh.

there's people who are fighting for damn near 30 years who are still competitive there
yeah

This is the affect of usada, its good for the sport. Give it another 5years and it should level out. Some of the natural hwts of pre-usada were getting blasted by PED fed 205ers. Guys will start looking more like roy nelson but can fight too.

A thread titled "The Sad State of HW" and not one mention of all the one-dimensional fatties.

HW has always been a thin division (no pun), especially post USADA, not a lot of guys that size that are skilled and athletic without PEDs, especially with other avenues like NFL or NBA that pay much more.

I like Volkov, good technique for his size. Will be interesting to see Hardy’s development. A lot of people here are high on Cyril Gane (undefeated). Hopefully Stipe keeps going for a bit. And we have Ngannou. Not much after that.

I support your random big Africans program, made me lol.

Last edited:
You're right hahaha. In Heavyweight Arlovski is the Mini Boss, and If you're lucky enough to get past him,Final Boss Ngannou kills you. And then oh yeah theres some champs passing the title back and forth. And Volkov is in deep hiding.

I do like Greg Hardys slow evolution though. Oh and Ciryl Gane

Ngannou, Lewis, and Rozenstruik are all exciting. Ciryl Gane and Augusto Sakai are both 3-0 in the UFC. Volkov is 5-1. Some of the vets like Overeem can still be exciting on a good day.
Of course the division is full of fat guys with bad cardio but what else is new?

The fact that the division covers 60lbs (and more if you count weight-cutting), it's easier for guys to just let go.
Motherfuckers are either lazy or think that having 25lbs of fat on them gives them some advantage.

Like okay if you're getting 10-10, I understand you can't be full on training. But some guys are getting much more and still look like shit.

One solution. Same day weigh ins including hydration tests.

Now the HWs Are killing themselves, cutting 30-40 lbs to fight smaller guys at LHW.

Ngannou, Lewis, and Rozenstruik are all exciting. Ciryl Gane and Augusto Sakai are both 3-0 in the UFC. Volkov is 5-1. Some of the vets like Overeem can still be exciting on a good day.
Of course the division is full of fat guys with bad cardio but what else is new?
Gane is the only one that i see great technique and fight iq. Sakai is ok, but i dont see anything really special on him.

Volkov vs Rozenstruik would be a great fight.

Back