Are there any differences in Colby and Usman's fighting styles?

medium rare

Shameless PRIDE fanboy
Banned
Reaction score
Both wrestlers with good cardio and serviceable striking

Their fight proved they were pretty evenly matched

Are they just black and white versions of each other?

Colby is definitely a volume striker, whereas Usman tends to be a slugger. Colby does have barely faster hands when they’re fresh but Usman has slightly more power, which carries better later into a fight. Usman is definitely the physically stronger guy as well, and a better MMA wrestler too.

Colby is definitely a volume striker, whereas Usman tends to be a slugger. Colby does have barely faster hands when they’re fresh but Usman has slightly more power, which carries better later into a fight. Usman is definitely the physically stronger guy as well, and a better MMA wrestler too.
You think Usman is a better MMA wrestler?

Why?

i sensed the racial discrepancies between them too

Why?
In one good, recent mutual opponent in RDA, Colby fought him first and scored mostly grinding TDs against the fence with RDA scoring a few of his own, whereas vs. Usman he got taken down more often, without nearly as much stalling against the cage and didn’t take Usman down even once.

Attachments

• 38E47812-E338-4F30-B7AA-940B6F4C5F23.png
    38E47812-E338-4F30-B7AA-940B6F4C5F23.png
    300.6 KB · Views: 3
Usman has legit KO power and is overall more stronger in the grappling area

One grounds and pounds the other throws more volume standing up. One needs less takedowns and has the technique and strength to hold you in place. One is less physically gifted but spams more takedowns. One is more powerful with his strikes and loves body punches, the other seems to be a head hunter and wilder/sloppier with strikes but also has a diverse bag of tricks. I mean iswear I've seen colby throw a tornado kick and miss.

Why?
Colby can fall victim to takedowns in rd three like in the rda fight. Usman is impossible to take down. Usman has better control, colby spams to takedowns. Don't know shit about wrestling myself but these are my observations.

the is little to no difference in their style and tools
thats why the fight was so good, iron vs iron

there might be a roid difference

Technique wise they are the very similar in that they are chain wrestlers. The difference is in the athleticism. Usman is a little faster. Colby could definitely win a decision against Usman.

They have completely different striking styles, for one.

so you've literally never watched either fight? we got youtube for that you casual

They're exactly the same, but completely different.

While Usman has a small cock for a black guy, Colby has a small cock for a white guy giving him an overall smaller cock.

Usman also has a stronger grip. Thats unrelated to the cock thing.

I wish they had wrestled because we never really got to see who was the better wrestler since they chose to meet on a napkin and slug it out for 5 rounds

Back