Ufc stupid matchmaking

Ivancho

Amante de las mma
@Brown
Reaction score
Is incredible how stupid they are when putting two bright prospects fighting each other in a very thin division like lhw... I'm talking about ankalaev vs cutelaba. They should be fighting cans like OSP or favorable matchups like corey anderson

Lol give a Corey a break from fighting these monsters. It’s a fun scrap to determine a potential LHW contender.

They got two matches for jones liked up already. Matching these guys is good

Cutelaba is inconsistent. He's not a contender. This is just a test for Ankalaev

Cutelaba is inconsistent. He's not a contender. This is just a test for Ankalaev

Yes, other than the freak Paul Craig loss he's looked quite good and he looked good in that fight too for 2 rounds, 4 minutes and 59s.

Fuck that bro, I'd much rather see great fights like this than can crushing.

They're doing the same thing with Naurdiev and Brady on this card too.

Yes, other than the freak Paul Craig loss he's looked quite good and he looked good in that fight too for 2 rounds, 4 minutes and 59s.
Yeah that front kick/punch ko Ankalaev did was great. Cutelaba though wins, loses, wins, loses, wins. Inconsistent as it gets lol

When I think of Cutelaba I think of how badass Cannonier was when he walked him down in the third round and the wolf Cutelaba had turned into a sheep.

When I think of Ankalaev I think of his coaches faces after he tapped with a second left due to a triangle choke.

Ankalaev most likely has the most upside and is a very interesting prospect

Cutelaba looked good against Roundtree. Got hit with some hard shots, switched gears, and exploited Roundtrees grappling inexperience. Usually when things don't go his way with the striking he just keeps striking anyway. Saw glimpses of better fight IQ against Teixeira in the first round but couldn't manage his energy out put and his defence melted.

^^^^^^^^This

Ankalaev is the A Side in this fight. I like the matchmaking. Best fight in the card, by far.

Fuck that bro, I'd much rather see great fights like this than can crushing.

They're doing the same thing with Naurdiev and Brady on this card too.
^^^^^^^Also this. Naurdiev-Brady is fire.

Nah, not stupid matchmaking at all, these two aren't even close to contender status

Both are 3rd/4th tier guys who are fun to watch but in competitive terms are simply making up the numbers

Cutelaba is on a 1-win streak, has zero wins against top tier opponents and has lost to multiple gatekeepers - he may be a "prospect" but he's not close to being a "bright" one right now

Ankalaev shows promise, but got snuffed out by the only half-decent opponent he's faced

At this point their job isn't to vie for a title shot, it's to appease the JBG

Back