Tyson Fury would be top 5 UFC HW within 6 months of training for sure!

GoatArtemLobov

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I know how different sports mma and boxing are.
I obviously know that some 150-160ish like Mayweather would get KILLED in mma, because those divisions are packed with talent, and obviously wrestling and bjj play a huge role there. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo, all those guys would get crushed 9 times outta 10 by every top 20 fw, lw or ww on the roster.
But there is a point (in the higher weight classes) where there isn't much more to fighting that hitting hard and throwing good punches.
I mean, look at Francis. Guy has killed many of the greats (Jds, Cain, Blaydes etc.), guys who wrestled and grappled their whole fucking life, while he was working in a sandmine. If it just takes one solid punch to annihilate years of training, fighting isn't that sophisticated. That's why combat sports coaches acting like they were some neurosurgeons always makes me laugh...
So, my whole point is that, at HW, the most important tool to have is boxing, as it is too demanding for big guys like that to shoot (even D1 NCAA or Olympians don't shoot that often)
So Tyson Fury would do great. He is huge, he already knows how to throw solid elbows (don't forget body mechanics of a hook are very similar to those of an elbow) and, most important, his boxing defense doesn't rely on big gloves, but on movement and slipping (he would have to make some adjustments in order to not get kicked in the head though). And he would have MUCH MORE power than 90% of the roster, just because he isn't known as a ko artist in boxing doesn't mean he wouldn't be one in mma, there is a difference between hitting a high level boxer with big gloves to protect himself and hitting an midtier ufc striker with 4oz gloves on.

And please don't post the James Toney loss, guy was unprepared, out of shape, and obviously didn't know shit about mma. Coming up with that example is as preposterous as bjj blue belts bragging about how they can destroy college wrestlers. Yes, they can, but only in the very very beginning, once the wrestler is a few weeks in and knows the very basics of bjj, he will ragdoll them (this actually happened to me, as a bjj purple belt, I used to ragdoll a high level college wrestler during his first 6 months of training. Now that he is 1 year in and doesn't do as many mistakes, he starts to pass my guard here and there because I can't keep up with his athleticism and power anymore. In 3 months, he will start submitting me, that for sure…)

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. He is not, and he would get destroyed by a UFC fighter if he entered the cage now.

Canelo has to wait for Nate Vs Masvidal to finish so he can fight.

Boxing is boring. Deal with it.

picsart_02-27-06-03-18-png.736969
(this thread...and I don't think boxing is boring, because I'm not a casual)

HW champ after watching volume 1 of "secrets of the octagon"

Zi81E64MDtEFkVncDSUJUpFEQ04wctcueA3sOd9suM0.jpg

Coulda, woulda, shoulda. He is not, and he would get destroyed by a UFC fighter if he entered the cage now.

Canelo has to wait for Nate Vs Masvidal to finish so he can fight.

Boxing is boring. Deal with it.

What a hater lmfao.
I'm actually more of a grappler (though I also boxed).
And I prefer watching mma.
I'm not saying mma guys wouldn't beat boxers in mma, of course they would, but the boxers's chances would significantly increase as the divisions get higher.

Don't get me wrong, I know how different sports mma and boxing are.
I obviously know that some 150-160ish like Mayweather would get KILLED in mma, because those divisions are packed with talent, and obviously wrestling and bjj play a huge role there. Mayweather, Pacquiao, Canelo, all those guys would get crushed 9 times outta 10 by every top 20 fw, lw or ww on the roster.
But there is a point (in the higher weight classes) where there isn't much more to fighting that hitting hard and throwing good punches.
I mean, look at Francis. Guy has killed many of the greats (Jds, Cain, Blaydes etc.), guys who wrestled and grappled their whole fucking life, while he was working in a sandmine. If it just takes one solid punch to annihilate years of training, fighting isn't that sophisticated. That's why combat sports coaches acting like they were some neurosurgeons always makes me laugh...
So, my whole point is that, at HW, the most important tool to have is boxing, as it is too demanding for big guys like that to shoot (even D1 NCAA or Olympians don't shoot that often)
So Tyson Fury would do great. He is huge, he already knows how to throw solid elbows (don't forget body mechanics of a hook are very similar to those of an elbow) and, most important, his boxing defense doesn't rely on big gloves, but on movement and slipping (he would have to make some adjustments in order to not get kicked in the head though). And he would have MUCH MORE power than 90% of the roster, just because he isn't known as a ko artist in boxing doesn't mean he wouldn't be one in mma, there is a difference between hitting a high level boxer with big gloves to protect himself and hitting an midtier ufc striker with 4oz gloves on.

And please don't post the James Toney loss, guy was unprepared, out of shape, and obviously didn't know shit about mma. Coming up with that example is as preposterous as bjj blue belts bragging about how they can destroy college wrestlers. Yes, they can, but only in the very very beginning, once the wrestler is a few weeks in and knows the very basics of bjj, he will ragdoll them (this actually happened to me, as a bjj purple belt, I used to ragdoll a high level college wrestler during his first 6 months of training. Now that he is 1 year in and doesn't do as many mistakes, he starts to pass my guard here and there because I can't keep up with his athleticism and power anymore. In 3 months, he will start submitting me, that for sure…)
Go away

working in a sandmine (fuill range workout)is better than lifting shitty weights n a gym the rest is talent

working in a sandmine (fuill range workout)is better than lifting shitty weights n a gym the rest is talent

Derrick Lewis didn't work in a sandmine, and doesn't have good grappling, and is a top 10 hw despite doing stupid shit like flying knees at 265...
He is just a super strong dude with heavy hands, and, sadly, at those weights, there isn't much more to fighting than having big hands...

How much training did Crocrop have before getting into MMA?

He went from high level kick boxing to developing a decent sprawl. Granted he knew how to kick and check kicks.

Fury has no wrestling or kick boxing or BJJ background at all. He'd need a lot more than 6 months.

Plus can he consistently make 265?

Heavyweight champ after starting a thread on Sherdog asking for fighting tips.

How much training did Crocrop have before getting into MMA?

He went from high level kick boxing to developing a decent sprawl. Granted he knew how to kick and check kicks.

Fury has no wrestling or kick boxing or BJJ background at all. He'd need a lot more than 6 months.

Plus can he consistently make 265?

He came in at 273 in the second Wilder fight and he came in heavy. So 265 is a very easy cut.
I think he just needs a sprawl and stop the first 2-3 takedowns. HWs can't shoot more than that.
I don't say he would win against DC or Stiopic, but he would be around top 5 very quick imo

IF he really dedicated himself and learned good TDD, then yeah I think he can do very well. UFC HW division is absoutley pathetic.. last 2 HW fights we have had in UFC is

Juan fucking Adams vs Tafa
Ben Sosoli vs Lima.

These fights are horrific and the skill level is so low and amateurish. IF Fury was a LW then hell no, he can't come in UFC and just win, but in HW yeah he can because the skill level is beyond bad and they are all so slow and old age pensioners. You think Juan Adams can beat Fury? he is so slow, he is beyond slow, he can barely even move... anyone with an ounce of skill and talent would use him as a complete and utter punching bag

What a hater lmfao.
I'm actually more of a grappler (though I also boxed).
And I prefer watching mma.
I'm not saying mma guys wouldn't beat boxers in mma, of course they would, but the boxers's chances would significantly increase as the divisions get higher.
Meh, boxing fans are very insecure. These threads are usually bait. It still may be and you may be trolling. I like both sports but I'm always trolling boxing fans whenever I can with the Canelo fiasco to get them triggered lol.

I do agree on any good boxer or Tyson Fury specifically becoming top 5. That division sucks. Hell, Rozenstruik became top 5 in just 8 fights and kickboxing is way less competitive than boxing. Nobody check kicks at HW anyway. But who cares? Fury ain't levaing boxing to fight for peanuts in the UFC, so who cares? I'm not reading that wall of text...

IF he really dedicated himself and learned good TDD, then yeah I think he can do very well. UFC HW division is absoutley pathetic.. last 2 HW fights we have had in UFC is

Juan fucking Adams vs Tafa
Ben Sosoli vs Lima.

These fights are horrific and the skill level is so low and amateurish. IF Fury was a LW then hell no, he can't come in UFC and just win, but in HW yeah he can because the skill level is beyond bad and they are all so slow and old age pensioners. You think Juan Adams can beat Fury? he is so slow, he is beyond slow, he can barely even move... anyone with an ounce of skill and talent would use him as a complete and utter punching bag
yeah HW division is a fucking mess, that sosoli guy is a piece of shit. I think the biggest problem is usada and most of big guys arent profesional, a way to fix this problem is to increase number of rounds so fighters should start getting in proper shape

Last edited:
Meh, boxing fans are very insecure. These threads are usually bait. It still may be and you may be trolling. I like both sports but I'm always trolling boxing fans whenever I can with the Canelo fiasco to get them triggered lol.

I do agree on any good boxer or Tyson Fury specifically becoming top 5. That division sucks. Hell, Rozenstruik became top 5 in just 8 fights and kickboxing is way less competitive than boxing. Nobody check kicks at HW anyway. But who cares? Fury ain't levaing boxing to fight for peanuts in the UFC, so who cares? I'm not reading that wall of text...

Didn't know it was that complicated to read a few lines.
No fucking wonder that average IQ is decreasing in western societies...

yeah HW division is a fucking mess, that sosoli guy is a piece of shit. I think the biggest problem is usada and most of big guys arent profesional, a way to fix these problem is to increase number of rounds so fighters should start getting in proper shape
Very true, Sosili and Adams are the same level as the dark bouts on King of the Cage events, I know because I have been too many King of the Cage events myself, they are the same as the dark bouts.. not even the main card of King of the Cage, they would not be allowed on it with that level

I think Tank Abbott would put some of these guys in a coma

Back