What's gonna happen at 145lbs female division? Nunes opponent?

Geniusss

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Nunes's been complaining about weight cut, so after her last fight she said she wanna go up to defend at 145
Dana White said as well that probably she's gonna defend at 145 next

So this weekend the only other 4 girls in that division are gonna fight, probably one of them is gonna be the challenger for Nunes.

It gotta be between Spencer and Anderson. But who you guys think has to be Nunes's next oponnent?
If those two win this weekends, they're gonna give the title shot to the one with the most improssive win?

I would give it to Anderson considering that she's most popular and she's aussie, so they could put that fight on UFC 251, also they need a quick title fight in that division, that division has more than 1 year without title fights (since Cyborg lost).

However I think Spencer is better than Anderson. I mean Anderson lost to Spencer but Spencer just lost to Cyborg. Also Anderson lost to Holm.

What do you guys think?

This weekend:

Megan Anderson (10-4) vs Norma Viana (4-0)
Felicia Spencer (7-1) vs Zarah dos Santos (6-3)

Spencer is ranked 3 in the world I think. If she wins it has to be her.

And that’s an interesting fight. Cyborg couldn’t take her out. And her ground game is her strong suit.

There's nobody interesting at 145. I feel like the UFC found two cans in Viana and Dos Santos just so Anderson and Spencer can finish their contract before going back to Invicta and ending UFC's 145 division.

I think they should send everyone but Nunes to Invicta and scrap the empty-ass division.

It's a stupid fucking division.

I'm not opposed to having Nunes as the champ, but the rest of it is a joke. Let the other 145'ers fight it out in Invicta. If a couple of seirous contenders emerge, they can have a #1 contender fight as an Invicta main event or in the UFC. Otherwise, it's embarrassing that these girls are being put on the same level as the girls at 115 and 125 -- who have actually proven themselves.

I suppose it depends on how the UFC are feeling about Nunes at the moment. If she's still in their good books then Anderson will provide her with the most spectacular win while Spencer might actually upset the apple cart and cause an upset. Then again it's not so long ago since Dana was hating on Nunes and he might just fancy a new champ.

Spencer can upset, and I might put money on it.

ill fight them. 20 second rounds with 20 minute beer breaks

Spencer if she still refuses to fight at 135, at least she will be a threat on the ground unlike GDR, having said that, that division should fold asap, no contenders there, it was a one girl only division created for Cyborg and she is gone now, no point in keeping it around.

Personally, I think getting rid of the division (that goes for the Flyweights or any division for that matter) would be a very short-sighted move business wise.

The UFC lives and breathes off it's ability to build and acquire stars with drawing power. The big draws of future generations could come from any weight class or gender. And if the UFC doesn't have divisions to accommodate the next generation of MMA stars another company will seize those draws for themselves.

It was for this very reason the featherweight division was created in the first place. We all know the whole division was created for Cyborg. She was significant draw for the UFC but initially they didn't a division to accommodate her.

As MMA grows in the future the likelihood of another draw like Cyborg emerging increases and if they don't have division to accommodate her they'll be in the same situation they were in with Cyborg.

Sure the division is empty now but do you think that will be the case 10, 20, or 30 years from now?
It's not like the lady featherweights are any more or less costly than the 600 other people they have on the roster. There really is no downside to keeping them around and building the division.

Last edited:
Assuming Megan and Felecia win (which is highly likely), the one who wins the most impressively will get the title shot. If one of them loses, then the other gets the shot. If both lose then yikes!

TBH I like the 145 division. The fights are usually good.

It's a stupid fucking division.

I'm not opposed to having Nunes as the champ, but the rest of it is a joke. Let the other 145'ers fight it out in Invicta. If a couple of seirous contenders emerge, they can have a #1 contender fight as an Invicta main event or in the UFC. Otherwise, it's embarrassing that these girls are being put on the same level as the girls at 115 and 125 -- who have actually proven themselves.
Agreed with you up until girls at 125, that division is shockingly bad, not as shallow as 145 sure but there's one quality fighter on the entire 125 pound wmma roster, the rest are cans.

1. Spencer beats whoever's she fighting this weekend
2. Megan does the same
3. Spencer fights Nunes for the belt and decidedly loses
4. Megan does the same
5. Having gotten rid of Cyborg and Zingano, and none of the bigger girls at bw wanting to move up, the division closes.

Back