News UFC to contest 'Fight Night' event in Saskatoon on June 20

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/2/27/21156455/ufc-heads-to-saskatoon-on-june-20-for-espn-event

SIR

The UFC’s first Canadian event of this year is expected to take place in Saskatoon in Saskatchewan, Canada.

Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans told MMA Fighting that an ESPN+ event is scheduled for June 20 in the Canadian province’s biggest city.

It’s the second time the UFC’s octagon has visited Saskatoon after a Fight Night event in August 2015, which featured a featherweight headliner between then-contender Max Holloway and Charles Oliveira. The event drew a reported 7,202 fans for a live gate of $949,000 CAN.

Canada is one of the stronger international markets from the UFC, which currently has 21 fighters with roots in the country. The promotion visited three times in 2019 with stops in Ottawa, Edmonton and Vancouver.

Currently, no fights are confirmed for the fight card.

So no Chicago event for June? They’ve already announced 251 in Australia and now this is Canada.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/2/27/21156455/ufc-heads-to-saskatoon-on-june-20-for-espn-event

SIR

The UFC’s first Canadian event of this year is expected to take place in Saskatoon in Saskatchewan, Canada.

Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans told MMA Fighting that an ESPN+ event is scheduled for June 20 in the Canadian province’s biggest city.

It’s the second time the UFC’s octagon has visited Saskatoon after a Fight Night event in August 2015, which featured a featherweight headliner between then-contender Max Holloway and Charles Oliveira. The event drew a reported 7,202 fans for a live gate of $949,000 CAN.

Canada is one of the stronger international markets from the UFC, which currently has 21 fighters with roots in the country. The promotion visited three times in 2019 with stops in Ottawa, Edmonton and Vancouver.

Saskatchevan fighters are no joke!

mitch-clarke-al-iaquinta-ufc-173.jpg

That’s crazy they got almost a mill (CAD) for 7202 fans in fucking Saskatoon

That's in Canada?

<TheWire1>

I thought they were going to Indonesia or something...

So no Chicago event for June? They’ve already announced 251 in Australia and now this is Canada.
Some scuttle Chicago or Indianapolis may hold an event in late May (potential ESPN event?).

SIR

Glad it's June and not January....

Hopefully Punk can be in the co-main event if they do have a Chicago event.

Saskatoon Saskatechewan. I've lived in Canada my whole life and I've never been to Saskatchewan. It must suck.

Max Hollaway will be in the main even no doubt about it. lol

Eh oh. It'll be my first event. Was gonna go to 240 in edmonton but it was such trash I couldnt justify the ticket price and drive.

The Toronto event will prob be December

Back