Thoughts on how Stipe DC 3 goes down if it does?

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
With every passing day I give Stipe more of a chance. The age dynamic with Cormier is just a lot to overcome. Especially when he is doing constant commentary gigs like he is, with all that travel and work where is his gym grind time...
I don't think it will be easy for Miocic but I def give him a 60/40 edge.

DC is following the Ricky Hatton playbook too much imo, he is blowing up out of camp. Its especially weird of him to do this before what could be a career defining fight, shall it happen. Which I think it will in 2020

Stipe inside a round this time
I don't see why people don't want this fight. Yeah Frank is fun but he has plenty of time. There is potential for this to be a great trilogy

Also, are you on the Lakers?

men's-lakers-markieff-morris-gold-icon-jersey.jpg

DC by being the better fighter and heavyweight Goat

With every passing day I give Stipe more of a chance. The age dynamic with Cormier is just a lot to overcome.

What "age dynamic"? Stipe's old too, and he's not getting younger.

It be nice if there was more than two people in the hw division.

DC pretty convincingly won 4 of the 5 rounds he's had vs Stipe, so I'd be inclined to pick him. He turns 41 next month though and eventually his body is gonna break down... but hopefully he has one more good fight left in him.

We know either man can win, this is such a pointless fight.
ZERO "what if".
I personally don't understand the hype for it.

We know either man can win, this is such a pointless fight.
ZERO "what if".
I personally don't understand the hype for it.
They're two of the best HW's in MMA history and they've each won 1 fight against each other.... how is it difficult to understand that people might be hyped to see the grudge match?

They're two of the best HW's in MMA history and they've each won 1 fight against each other.... how is it difficult to understand that people might be hyped to see the grudge match?

I'd personally prefer not to see it because I really like them both as fighters and don't want to see either take another loss haha.

DC is too old. Gonna lose faster next time imo unless he gets another early knockout

I feel like if DC tries a wrestling heavy gameplan he will gas himself out.

DC could win in the rematch as could Stipe. This thing is going down a path of possibly not happening. DC if true doesn't plan to wait past the summer and will retire. Stipe seems intent to hold out for as long as he can with eye treatment.

easy win for DC if he just mixes it up with his wrestling like he did in the 1st round of the 2nd fight.

anyone with a brain knows DC is obviously the better fighter, he just didn't adjust in the 2nd fight once stipe started landing the body shots.

Honestly dont know. Cormier is a better fighter, no doubt about it, but he's old now, and he lost the last fight.

Back