which of the Masvidal dec losses should be a W for him?

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Jorge lost a bunch of split decision fights. Theres Maia, Larkin, Bendo & Ragin Al. Which of these could you make a case for Jorge being robbed.

Definitely Iaquinta, I'd have to go back and watch the rest again. *

*which I have no intention of doing.

none of them, if he wants to go into cruise control and coast in a close fight then that's on him.

Machida because he was on peds and greased so should have been a n/c.

Probably Al but he still lost it.

Larkin and Maia won easily. Bendo did what Bendo does. The bare minimum required.

I need to watch him fight Maia again but I swear Jorge was pounding Maia's face in top control everytime I looked up at the tv and I was thinking "well there goes Maia's hope for a title" then gets his hand raised lol

I certainly thought he won the Al fight, 2-1 Masvidal seemed like the very reasonable score.

The Larkin loss was fair and actually I had it unanimous decision for Larkin, he was leg kicking Masvidal to death, Larkin was like Pedro Rizzo, Barboza and Aldo in one in that fight

Daley
Benson
Iaquinta
Khabilov (or draw)

Haven't seen the Baboon fight in a long time remember thinking he won

Assuncao fight the crowd was booing hard and they went to the commission to overturn it but didn't happen

He clearly lost to Wonderboy and was outclassed. Clearly lost to Giblert but his hand was broken from the 1st round

Larkin/Maia were extremely close/competitive, but I think 2 SD losses are fair there

Last edited:
Daley
Benson
Iaquinta
Khabilov (or draw)

Haven't seen the Baboon fight in a long time remember thinking he won

Assuncao fight the crowd was booing hard and they went to the commission to overturn it but didn't happen

He clearly lost to Wonderboy and was outclassed. Clearly lost to Giblert but his was broken from the 1st round

Larkin/Maia were extremely close/competitive, but I think 2 SD losses are fair there

Agreed with all of this. It's funny how overlooked the UD loss to Khabilov is because I think Jorge clearly took Rds 1 and 2. Jorge could easily be a fighter with a record of 40-8 instead of 35-13.

I gave Melendez and Wonderboy easy clear W's in my book 100... the rest were close 2 to 1 either way.

I had Jorge up 3 to 1 going into the 5th vs Hendo but Hendo did what he always does so I can't complain, I really wasnt surprised.

I hate using the word "robbery" but Iaquinta winning was pure shit in a bucket for Jorge.

Last edited:
I scored the khabilov fight for him at the time but thought benson and al fights were straight robberies. Daley fight was super close and I don’t have a problem with the Larkin and Maia decisions at all and thought he lost those

I need to watch him fight Maia again but I swear Jorge was pounding Maia's face in top control everytime I looked up at the tv and I was thinking "well there goes Maia's hope for a title" then gets his hand raised lol

I gave Maia every round, but it was close. 29-28 at worse for Maia

Definitely Iaquinta, I'd have to go back and watch the rest again. *

*which I have no intention of doing.
I would highly recommend re-watching Masvidal vs Larkin again. That was very high-level striking battle, both men showed up with their A-games offensively & defensively.

Back