Hooker vs Poirier or Hooker vs Gaethje?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

Which one you rather see and do you seeing Hooker beating them?

Felder was snapping his head back with punches. Gaethje or Poirier flatline him.

For just bleed purposes, I'd rather see Hooker vs Gaethje.

Gaethje should wait for either Khabib / Tony winner or Conor. If he takes the fight with Hooker, he will certainly lose his title shot this year since this is what Dana wants, Gaethje takes Hooker so Conor can fight Khabib. Either way, I can't see Hooker wins against those two.

Which one you rather see and do you seeing Hooker beating them?

both are bad matchups for hooker. Gaethje low kick game is just the best in the division and dan´s defense vs low kicks is average at best. If felder who is a pretty average boxer for mma standards was landing lots of clean shots, poirier be a nightmare for hooker

I think I'd prefer Hooker/Gaethje. I wouldn't be disappointed by any combination though. Any combination of Ferguson, Poirier, Gaethje and McGregor would be amazing. It's pretty disappointing that only one of those fights has happened in the last couple of years.

It's definitely a sensible rebound fight for Poirier to take: high profile but quite winnable. Gathje has less need for it, but it's still a very winnable fight for him, so if conor/title shot isn't happening and he needs to make even more of a case for himself, it's really not a bad option.
As they are all proven action fighters, I'm totally game with either match.

Hooker aint ready for Gaethje or Poirier. Let him face Cowboy to work on his craft more...

He barely scraped by Felder. I'm a fan of the guy, but I'd like to see him avenge that loss to Barboza. If he's barely scraping by the gate keeper he has more to show imo. Besides Conor created another log jam at the top.

Hooker showed his ceiling the other night imo

both of those guys chew him up

I like the hooker vs Poirier match up, I'd say put it on the same card as Mcgregor vs Gaethje but I think both should be 5 round fights. I think these would be the best fights in the lightweight division to make. Maybe give Barboza a chance to avenge his loss to Cerrone?

Hooker aint ready for Gaethje or Poirier. Let him face Cowboy to work on his craft more...

That's actually not a bad idea, it's much more realistic an option IMO than either of the 'ins. Would make a great fight too!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back