50 year old elite boxer beats a prime MMA fighter in boxing ...

ShindoNinja

Faixa Preta
@Green
Reaction score
... but what about the opposite?

50 year old elite MMA fighter vs a prime boxer in an MMA match. Who wins?

Just for arguments sake, let's say they're both 50.

mma_e_coture11_576.jpg

The mma fighter would easily win

Depends on the style of the MMA fighter. I could see current Canelo beating a 50 year old Cerrone in MMA.

I reckon 61 year old Dan Severn beats any current boxer using MMA rules.
Come on. You think there isn't any (not to say hundreds or possibly even thousands) of pro boxers that couldn't knock out Dan Servern before he could land a takedown and hit a submission? Come on please behave. His second to last fight Vs Lee Beane is on YouTube, he exhibited very very poor striking. He would be lucky to beat any boxer ranked in the top 50 in about 6 different weight classes

Everyone obsessed over grappling in these debates, but what about kicks. If you put Conor vs Floyd in a kickboxing match , is it even close?

Come on. You think there isn't any (not to say hundreds or possibly even thousands) of pro boxers that couldn't knock out Dan Servern before he could land a takedown and hit a submission? Come on please behave. His second to last fight Vs Lee Beane is on YouTube, he exhibited very very poor striking. He would be lucky to beat any boxer ranked in the top 50 in about 6 different weight classes
Do you actually believe this nonsense?

Do you actually believe this nonsense?

At 61 he offers no resistance to anyone that has made a success at having a striking career and has any kind of youthful athleticism/ability to make some basic adjustments to their footwork. His striking defence is terrible and he has no dynamism in any kind of takedown

Depends on the style of the MMA fighter. I could see current Canelo beating a 50 year old Cerrone in MMA.

not really a cerrone fan but you do know the guy has 17 submission wins right? Hell he even has an almost 3" reach advantage. As long as he wasn't dumb enough to stand and trade the fight would be over pretty quick.

Depends on the style.

Current Lomachenko would beat the brakes off 50 y.o. Cody Garbrandt.

Feel like Cormier would still destroy a prime boxer at age 50

Back