Karo Parisyan vs Joe Riggs...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So we have Matt Hughes as champ with gsp and bj Penn as second and third. Joe Riggs and Karo Parisyan are the promising contenders while Sanchez, koscheck, swick, Fitch, Lytle, Diaz, sherk and John alessio are fighting it out.

So who would win between two promising contenders? Joe Riggs or Karo Parisyan?

Joe Riggs boxing vs Karo Parisyan judo!

Winner gets either gsp or Penn.

It would be close but I think Karo might edge him. Depends on who shows up. Out of ten fights I would say Karo 6 times.

Riggs was so hot and cold it was ridiculous. One day he would look great and the next day he would be getting owned hard.

Parisyan, at that time, was at least consistent and able to beat the guys he was supposed to beat.

Bro, do you know who Karo is bro?

Who I'd want: Joe
Who would likely win: Karo

I dislike Parisyan, he was such a pompous tool.

Both are underrated, but I’d say Karo takes it.

What year is this?!?!?
(insert robin williams meme here)

Karo would have thrown Riggs on his head. Prime Karo was a beast.

Riggs was such a monster when he was on, and then other times would look terrible. Anyone know if he fought injured a lot, or was just a head case?

I'd pick Karo, he was a beast before his leg and back injuries derailed his career, his leg muscles atrophied which ruined his whole judo game.

Before his injuries he was 15-3 with wins over Nick Diaz, Matt Serra, Chris Lytle and Antonio McKee.

His only losses were a decision to GSP and before that he had two losses to Sean Sherk when Karo was an 18 year old kid.

I think Karo's judo throws were the best in the world. He'd have Riggs on the defensive on the ground, if the fight went and stayed there.

Riggs was such a monster when he was on, and then other times would look terrible. Anyone know if he fought injured a lot, or was just a head case?
Injuries personal issues , and an addiction to pain pills iirc.

Plus didn’t he basically get forced to 70 and was supposed to be @ 85 and had weight cut issues??

I need some way back machine help on this one.

About to go look some shit up.

And Riggs if he was “On”

I would have loved the fuck out of that fight.

Gotta go with Parisyan on this one. His grappling skills were hard to prepare for, and he had the heat in his hands.

Karo was supposed to fight Hughes at one point, but withdrew due to a shoulder injury.

Wish we could've had this fight back in '05.

Karo would have thrown Riggs on his head. Prime Karo was a beast.

Agreed

I think he lost his bout with Misaki via judo throw as well...

tumblr_nrta8jQHYr1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

*edit*

My mistake, it wasn’t Misaki who beat Riggs via throw...

It was a fellow named Cory Devela.

Last edited:
If Karo hadn't been lazy, arrogant and scared of getting hit...well he still wouldn't have won the belt.

Back