Jones barely beat DC yet people talked as if he destroyed him and is GOAT

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DC gassed a bit half way but it really was up for grabs that fight. It was not a convincing win for Jones at all and the rounds were very close.

And yes I am referring to the fight that actually made it in the records and not the one when Jones got caught cheating...

Jones clearly won that fight.... Sure, it was competitive. But, he clearly won.

Jones clearly won that fight.... Sure, it was competitive. But, he clearly won.

I must have seen it 5 times and I never saw it as clearly won fight. I'm not saying DC won but it wasn't by the margin that would make me have the argument settled... Plus Jones was in his natural division while DC was not...

I must have seen it 5 times and I never saw it as clearly won fight. I'm not saying DC won but it wasn't by the margin that would make me have the argument settled... Plus Jones was in his natural division while DC was not...
Sounds like you just dislike Jon Jones and probably like DC. Jon clearly won.

I like DC, but never agreed with this line of thinking. Just rewatched it recently, and no matter how many times I do it’s a pretty clear 49-46.

I guess an argument could be made for 3rd being DCs, but can see no real argument for 1, 4, or 5, unless it’s judged in Texas.

I guess an argument could be made for 3rd being DCs, but can see no real argument for 1, 4, or 5, unless it’s judged in Texas.

Round 1 is very hard to score. Jones started very well but DC came back..It could arguably been scored a draw since jones leg grab didn't go anywhere

DC is pretty close to being a GOAT contender himself. And GOATs are actually allowed close fights - even defeats. Yes, it was a competitive fight that Jones clearly won - no, it being competitive doesn't detract from Jones' status as GOAT contender. Other things do, but not that.

The first fight was extremely competitive, DC arguably won 2 rounds, and Jon basically won the deciding round by holding DC against the cage, and DC still picked him up and slammed him towards the end of that round. That fight was way, way closer than people either remember or would like to admit. And Jon was Tropicana'd up to his eyeballs back then.

They've fought 8 rounds and DC has only won one of them

"bArElY bEaT"

It was a close fight.

Had it 48-47 Boner.

There were a grand total of zero destroy rounds.

The most clear ones were round 4 and 5 and there wasn't much damage there. Jon just won those.

Dunno why DC's coach asked him to switch strategies and go for the TD's.

3rd round was his best round.

I understand him wanting to switch to keep him guessing but that was DC's best round. Should've stuck to more of the same.

Scored the rematch 20-18 DC going into the 3rd.

DC is pretty close to being a GOAT contender himself. And GOATs are actually allowed close fights - even defeats. Yes, it was a competitive fight that Jones clearly won - no, it being competitive doesn't detract from Jones' status as GOAT contender. Other things do, but not that.

But Jones outwrestled DC once, when he was gassed, and that was the only highlight the entire fight. If DC wasn't an Olympian, people wouldn't have put as much weight into it.. it was not a clear win for Jones. Last round was a joke

Round 1 is very hard to score. Jones started very well but DC came back..It could arguably been scored a draw since jones leg grab didn't go anywhere

I definitely still see that round as clearly for Jones.
They've fought 8 rounds and DC has only won one of them

"bArElY bEaT"
i admittedly have only watched it the one time live, but I pretty clearly remember DC doing pretty well, I’m sure he got at least one of the rounds on the second fight unless I’m crazy?

Back