Rumored Leonardo Santos v Arman Tsarukyan In Works For UFC

ArmenianAssasin

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
sorry not sure how to edit title: in works for UFN 172 on April 11 (Overeem v Harris)

according to Arman's manager in an interview and a few other local sources its almost a done deal - waiting on Santos to sign

not sure what to say - but the UFC definitely isn't giving Arman the "prospect treatment" - comes in and gets

1. Islam Makaechev on 6 weeks notice
2. OAM (7-3 UFC)

Now Santos on an 11 fight unbeaten streak including finishes over Kevin Lee and Tony Martin - we were hoping for Stevie Ray here for a showcase fight

Pretty rough fight for Arman. Don't know if he'll have the advantage anywhere, maybe on the feet or in the cardio, but that's iffy.

Can wait for Leonardo Santos to get injured and pull out of the fight

Pretty rough fight for Arman. Don't know if he'll have the advantage anywhere, maybe on the feet or in the cardio, but that's iffy.

Santos has been very inactive and is 40 - The Martins fight was over 3 years ago and he sort of faded (won a split)

arman defintely has the advantage the youth advantage (strength, conditioning, and athleticism) - sergei's got to figure out where its best served

Santos has been very inactive and is 40 - The Martins fight was over 3 years ago and he sort of faded (won a split)

arman defintely has the advantage the youth advantage (strength, conditioning, and athleticism) - sergei's got to figure out where its best served
It didn't look like the layoff affected him much against Stevie though. His style is not reliant on speed, so age might not catch up to him that quickly.

Should be a good fight nonetheless.

As an Arman fan I don’t like this. He’s 40 now but Santos looked sharper than ever on the feet against Ray. I just don’t see Arman possibly winning standing up. He may be able to wrestle fuck him but he won’t sub or get any any meaningful damage off. After the OAM fight this would give him a bit of a bad rep. The kids like 21, give him some fights to build him up.

As an Arman fan I don’t like this. He’s 40 now but Santos looked sharper than ever on the feet against Ray. I just don’t see Arman possibly winning standing up. He may be able to wrestle fuck him but he won’t sub or get any any meaningful damage off. After the OAM fight this would give him a bit of a bad rep. The kids like 21, give him some fights to build him up.

This is pretty much the feeling everyone has - its a tough fight and winning is going to consist of a lot of top tactical control while not taking too much risk very similar to the OAM fight

sort of risk being labeled a "boring wrestler" simply due to the stylistic matchups presented

we were hoping for a fight where he could showcase his striking or ground and pound more

These tough fights will be good for Arman, barring any concussive damage. If he can pull off a win against Santos, that'd be huge for his resume and invaluable experience

This is pretty much the feeling everyone has - its a tough fight and winning is going to consist of a lot of top tactical control while not taking too much risk very similar to the OAM fight

sort of risk being labeled a "boring wrestler" simply due to the stylistic matchups presented

we were hoping for a fight where he could showcase his striking or ground and pound more

I could be overrating Santos striking a bit but I just really liked how he looked against Ray. Arman’s looked very capable too but but there’s a big height and reach disparity as well. He should also be improving very quickly at his age but I still think it would’ve been better to test it out first against someone like Ray, Jared Gordon or someone like that. Guess they just don’t want to give him a step back.

Damn, Arman really has to take the hard road. Makhachev, Mercier and Santos are all legit. He impressed me with his fight against Islam, but Santos is a real LW darkhorse. Props to the young man for challenging himself.

They don't give Arman easy fghts, do they. Santos is never climbing the ladder, either, he's eternally fighting good mid-tier guys.

Bad fight for arman. Leo puts him away imo. Santos should have got a ranked opponent really

Leo Santos getting the old Brazilian Trinaldo treatment I see.

LW is so stacked ... how the fuck cowboy is in the top 5 ???!??

They are absolutely throwing Tsarukyan to the wolves. At some point age will catch up with Santos, and Tsarukyan is a young lion. Crazy fight.

Nice, I am not sure how good Santos is from his back - but he isn't going to out-wrestle Tsarukyan. Santos has a very good top-game, but I don't see how he will put Tsarukyan on his back - he has wrestled his life in Russia I believe.

Leo Santos is potentially the lw goat. The other Guy is fucked

Back