As if the Welterweight division’s Top 5 wasn’t boring enough

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
This is probably the most passive Top 5 in UFC history.

Champion-Usman: Holds you on the cage and lays on you, doesn’t look for the finish.

1-Woodley: Can be entertaining, puts his back against the cage and throws 2 strikes per round. Boring most of the time.

2-Covington: Holds you on the cage and when he does strike, don’t expect a finish.

3-Masvidal-Entertaining now, used to put on a lot of split decisions.

4-Edwards: Unbearable, no matter how technical he is. Doesn’t go for the finish.

5-Chiesa (assuming he takes RDA’s spot): Holds you on the cage and lays on you if he can’t get the back. Striking nonexistent.

Put any of them against each other, you’re almost guaranteed a slow, boring decision.

I miss the Lawler era, even though it was so short lived.

Ya we need some damn new blood strikers to come in this division not all these lay and pray dudes

Rda doesnt have it anymore and chesia could only beat guys that he has a huge size advantage over by laying on them. He cant beat guys his own size

Pettis > Chiesa > RDA > Pettis

Kelvin Gastelum needs to lay off the tacos and dominate that division

Kelvin Gastelum needs to lay off the tacos and dominate that division

He already lost to Woodley in a boring fight. He'd lose boring decisions to the other guys too.

did you see the usman colby fight? that may be the fight of the year for sure. that was a fucking barn burner from start to finish. I wont shit on either guy again after that one. Amazing fight and they didnt play it safe for one second of that fight.

Lmao @ chiesa calling out Colby

he’s not ready for the momma jokes comin his way
<GSPWoah>

Mike Perry is entering his prime.

This is probably the most passive Top 5 in UFC history.

Champion-Usman: Holds you on the cage and lays on you, doesn’t look for the finish.

1-Woodley: Can be entertaining, puts his back against the cage and throws 2 strikes per round. Boring most of the time.

2-Covington: Holds you on the cage and when he does strike, don’t expect a finish.

3-Masvidal-Entertaining now, used to put on a lot of split decisions.

4-Edwards: Unbearable, no matter how technical he is. Doesn’t go for the finish.

5-Chiesa (assuming he takes RDA’s spot): Holds you on the cage and lays on you if he can’t get the back. Striking nonexistent.

Put any of them against each other, you’re almost guaranteed a slow, boring decision.

I miss the Lawler era, even though it was so short lived.
CHiesa isnt a boring wrestler. He has excellent BJJ which is fun to watch if you understand the whole sport of MMA.

Ponzi should call out Chiesa. Such an easy win for him just like Gunnar.

Imagine Chiesa against Ponzi throwing those sloppy punches while running forward to clinch and get those desperate takedowns. Ponzi would check him with them eye pokes if he comes that way and then knock him the fuck out like he did to Gunnar and Magny. He is the ultimate counter to Chiesa's style

More people should be on board for Jorge being champion. He's turned a leaf and wants to finish guys. WW has so many fucking wrestlers. All the fuckers that wanna call me a casual that should watch boxing/kickboxing, go fuck yourself, I prefer strikers and action fighters not guys who kill the clock.

Usman vs Colby was a good fight though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back