Let's take it easy on Conor-hype for a second

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
There's a lot of overhype on Conor at the moment. Keep in mind this is coming from a Conor fan, not a hater, and I'm trying to be realistic. Let's not forget that Nate came in after several years off and lit up a declining Anthony Pettis rather easily. The same thing can be said about Conor vs. Cowboy. If anything, Nate's performance against Pettis was more impressive since it went longer and he beat him in all aspects. We all saw what happened when he fought next against a confident and active Jorge. To say that Conor is now ready for Usman or Khabib is an overstatement. He needs another solid performance in my opinion and he needs more ring time before he goes in there with any killers like Jorge, Usman, or Khabib. I think a Justin Gaethje fight is proper next.

And the best way to do so would be to make another thread about it?

1. Nate looked like dogshit against pettis. His striking was awful and sloppy. Not sure what fight you watched. His grappling was impressive though. 2. Conor cerrone lasted 40 seconds. we learned nothing new. Conor can finish guys and can do it fast .We didnt answer any questions about his cardio, his heart,his grappling . Hes also the 3rd guy in a row to tko cerrone. So tske it for what it was , a very good comeback win, but conor 2.0 is still a myth.

The biggest tells came from outside the cage. Conor is looking and sounding much more grounded than before. As we've seen earlier in his career, a Focused and Hungry Conor is unstoppable.

He should fight Nate next at MW. Conor GOAT.

Careful TS, Conor nuthuggers already have it burned in their little brains that Conor runs through every LW and WW with ease, prepare to be flamed by the fanboys.

You mean the guy with the most splitdecision losses ever?

KILLER!
Hey cmon man, he pretended to be a guy who was pretending to be a gangster in a movie. That’s like 3 pretends away from being a legit killer

There's no need for this thread.

Smart MMA fans know that Cowboy got his chin shattered in 30 places by Ferg and Cowboy and Conor just arranged to take out their sloppy thirds

From acting like he was going to KO Khabib in seconds last October falling all the way down to the basement of bragging about beating the broken ghost of Cerrone

{<jordan}

These guys are saying Conor will beat Usman now

Oh how the wannabe mighty have fallen

Last edited:
You mean the guy with the most splitdecision losses ever?

KILLER!
He lost a split decision to Benson, the only other guy that has 7 split decisions on his record.

I don't think too many people actually believe he's ready for Usman.

As for Khabib, never mind that as Conor will book Gaethje for April or May and then Tony for the title.

Khabib can go box Floyd or book a GSP superfight or whatever.

He is universally accepted as the greatest of all time (GOAT) for a reason. No need to lay off the hype when you are that good!
{<Mcgoat}

There's a lot of overhype on Conor at the moment. Keep in mind this is coming from a Conor fan, not a hater, and I'm trying to be realistic. Let's not forget that Nate came in after several years off and lit up a declining Anthony Pettis rather easily. The same thing can be said about Conor vs. Cowboy. If anything, Nate's performance against Pettis was more impressive since it went longer and he beat him in all aspects. We all saw what happened when he fought next against a confident and active Jorge. To say that Conor is now ready for Usman or Khabib is an overstatement. He needs another solid performance in my opinion and he needs more ring time before he goes in there with any killers like Jorge, Usman, or Khabib. I think a Justin Gaethje fight is proper next.
I agree but can we also take it easy on the Conor hate?

Both sides are equally retarded right now.

Shock.gif

No, as Conor fans we all have been made to look like idiots, and fools for so long, and now we finally have a victory to celebrate.

Last edited:
The biggest tells came from outside the cage. Conor is looking and sounding much more grounded than before. As we've seen earlier in his career, a Focused and Hungry Conor is unstoppable.
There is a big difference between looking/sounding like a better fighter, versus actually BEING a better fighter.

You guys can act like he's better, but nothing so far has actually proved it. It's all an act until he can prove it.

Give him a real test and we'll see where he stands. Beating a guy who lost his last 2 fights by TKO isn't a way to show you've improved.

Great job, you did what 2 other guys already did. Wonderful accomplishment, Conor 2.0 indeed...
giphy.gif

Back