Media Colby suffered a quick eyepoke before getting his jaw broken

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Was being discussed in a couple threads and thought I'd bring some attention to it considering the insane bias against Covington in general. Marc Goddard screwed over Colby big time with both the groin strike as well as the eyepoke Usman sneaked in before landing the quick right that broke his jaw. Also thought fight was stopped a bit early since Colby was defending himself but thought it didn't really matter since Colby lost the round and fight when he got knocked down.
f5L1JEh.gif

If you play close attention to the start of the gif, you can see usman poke Colby with his left thumb while proceeding to throw a quick right before the referee or Colby could even react. It was a sneaky move but consequent right hand that followed was actually the shot that ended breaking Colby's jaw. BS that Usman got to recover from a groin strike that was actually clean as well as an accidental eyepoke while Colby got screwed out of that and suffered a broken jaw as a consequence as well.

Could argue eyepoke contributed to his inability to evade the shot effectively, they always say the shots you dont expect or see coming do the most damage. Still fought through and almost got to a decision win before suffering ko. Love or him or hate him, Colbys part of that elite category.

Tried to find different angles to show it better but no other replay shows the left hand. I could be wrong and it could have been a clean left hand jab but it doesnt look that way from the pic at the bottom. When usmans left hand connects on Colby, his palms are facing up and his thumb seems to be the closest to Colbys eye. Doesn't look like a punch to me.

20191215_224255.jpg

That still frame shows no outstretch fingers at all, and the gif really is looking like his fist was clenched when he threw the jab. I'm not seeing anything here that resembles a foul, jabbing a guy in the eye isn't illegal.

Now you got that of your chest, do you feel better?

boy.....

it's ok that he got eyepoked lol. I know it doesn't fit the narrative. but still hahaha

he lost. it's ok guys

Really? Where? I'm genuinely curious whether it happened. Otherwise make excuses elsewhere.

<28>

The OP and GIF makes no sense.

The jaw break was literally just before the end of the 3rd bell rang.

Colby's complaint of an eye poke was during the 4th round...but there was no poke, just a punch that hurt him. Usman and Goddard both knew this, that's why Usman is taunting him here while Colby is looking back at him with the "stop it bully!" Cryface
20191215_221205.jpg

If anything he took some knuckles to the eye. The thumb is nowhere near it in your picture

The OP and GIF makes no sense.

The jaw break was literally just before the end of the 3rd bell rang.

Colby's complaint of an eye poke was during the 4th round...but there was no poke, just a punch that hurt him. Usman and Goddard both knew this, that's why Usman is taunting him here while Colby is looking back at him with the "stop it bully!" Cryface
View attachment 694313

They showed the replay of the punch at least 10 times during the fight with Rogan saying over and over about how Colby possibly broke his jaw. That round he told his corner his jaw is broken. You clearly did not watch the fight

They showed the replay of the punch at least 10 times during the fight with Rogan saying over and over about how Colby possibly broke his jaw. That round he told his corner his jaw is broken. You clearly did not watch the fight

Your gif combines two different rounds bud.

The jaw-break (included in your gif) was at the very end of round 3.

Colby's complaint of an eye poke (also in your gif) was well into round 4.

Do you want me to post the exact times of each? Lol

Marty raked his eye a little but I don't think his fingers were outstretched.

Man Colby is tough.

LOL, that "eye poke" was his JAW being broken and him feeling it around his whole stupid skull LOL

the only problem i have with him getting poked in the eye twice is that he didn’t get poked in the eye three times.

Back