Usman took it easy on Colby

clownin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
in a normal fight, Usman wrestles and gives a slow gruelting beating

instead all stand up - breaks his jaw and curls in a ball

There really are some idiots that believe this out there somewhere

100% agreed. Usman could've dominated but he gave the fans what they wanted.

Usman will leave a great legacy during his reign as WW champ

30% agreed.

He couldn’t out wrestle Colby. 2 great wrestlers cancels each other out so instead of gassing trying to wrestle another elite wrestler they both chose to keep it on the feet.

Yeah Usman the guy that stopped the fight in the 2nd round to recover from a bodyshot.

Don't agree with this... I think that we will never know how their grappling would have matched up.

I think this type of statement could be said for the Jones-Santos matchup, where Jones chose not to even try to take him down. But I don't think this applies here

What fight were you watching?
Was very competitive and both guys were clearly giving their all.

If Marty tried to wrestle him, he might have lost and neither guy would have done much damage

The fight he fought was basically the maximum amount of punishment he could have dished out

I think Usman stood to preserve energy to match/beat Colby's mystic cardio

Colby stood because he knew he couldnt outwrestle Usman.

In a rematch I think Usman wrestles him. He didnt seem overly impressed with Colby's "great cardio" in the post fight interviews

What fight were you watching?
Was very competitive and both guys were clearly giving their all.

It was competitive in the number of strikes landed and judges' scorecards before the TKO, but Colby was taking more damage and getting compromised as it went on. The TKO was inevitable

I think Usman stood to preserve energy to match/beat Colby's mystic cardio

Colby stood because he knew he couldnt outwrestle Usman.

In a rematch I think Usman wrestles him. He didnt seem overly impressed with Colby's "great cardio" in the post fight interviews
I concur with this assessment, but also think these two dudes were afraid of shooting and being sprawled on, then having to pay the piper at the next engagement with less energy than the other.

Back