Was Moraes just banking on ko'ing Aldo early?

Megalodon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Moraes threw that huge head kick in the opening seconds and Aldo just ate it, and then for the rest of the fight he didn't quite commit to any other strike he threw. After his streak of quick finishes does he think he's just going to be able to take anyone out early? I would have thought he learned that isn't the case in the Cejudo fight.

Moraes isn't the boogeyman he was made out to be, he's more like a better version of Barboza than the heir to Jose Aldo.

Moraes is incredibly talented and technical but he's swole af at 135. It affects his cardio.

One Kick Man must've thought Aldo would have no chin (i certainly thought he wouldn't).

Also got dayum Marlon kicks fast as fucking shit!!

He's definitely a front runner

Suspect cardio for sure ....

Aldo got screwed

Yeah I was expecting more kicks in the 2nd and the 3rd, it looks like he didn't gas again throwing it.

I'd say so, he looked discouraged after round 1 and just ran away the rest of the fight while Aldo chased him. I'd say poor showing by Moraes but 3 round Aldo is quite a handful. No idea how he won round 3

Rogan and DC were discussing his tendency to slow down after the first round, and that's exactly what happened. He looked phenomenal in round 1, and had he been able to perform to even the majority of those levels throughout the latter two rounds, he'd most likely have taken a unanimous victory or even finished Aldo, but he clearly doesnt have the cardio ability to fight at that pace for 15 minutes - let alone 25.

Back