WelterWeight MMA's evolution

Beherit

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First of all, I LOVED that UFC 245 Main Event entertainment wise, but holly shit, on a technical stand point that fight was so bad :

- Extremely poor distance management by both fighters, so many strikes thrown in the air by colby, the last time I saw that much strikes in the air was at a WMMA fight in the prelims of UFC 243 ( cant remember the fighter's name ). LOL at colby's superman punch ...

- Poor overall defense, chin in the air, almost 0 low kicks checked, high kicked blocked with one hand, head movement almost inexistent. Both getting tagged every time they throw a combination.
Who the fuck keep his mouth open in a fight ??? even saturday night brawlers knows the basics of striking defense ...

- The overall footwork was also very average, specially for usman, the dude doesnt know how to cut the cage. Colby was better in this aspect

- All those kicks were awful, no hips rotation, no power, slow etc no

- However I have to say that Usman's work to the body was very impressive, and was the reason of his success, completely shutting down colby's pace. But other than that this fight was so poor technically for 2019 standards. I know they are wrestlers, and striking is not their shit but c'mon ...

- All that to say that GSP ( GOAT inside and outside the octagon ) 50-45 them both in any ways he wants.

giphy 2.gif

Last edited:
Especially after watching so many good 135-145 lb strikers, they looked pretty bad. Definitely if I were a casual and didn't know about their wrestling, I would be wondering what they were doing in a title fight.

Especially after watching so many good 135-145 lb strikers, they looked pretty bad. Definitely if I were a casual and didn't know about their wrestling, I would be wondering what they were doing in a title fight.
Mate I watched aldo vs mendes 2 and GSP vs Condit yesterday, the difference in terms of general LVL is huge, the WW division is a shell of itself since GSP left ... fighters like ben fucking askren were ranked 5 in the world.

YyslyNA.gif

<{Joewithit}><{Joewithit}><{Joewithit}><{Joewithit}><{Joewithit}>

As a big fan of King Colby i must say that GSP would destroy both him and Snoozeman with relative ease , Even shills such as @20falarVerdades cant argue with these FACTS.

As a big fan of King Colby i must say that GSP would destroy both him and Snoozeman with relative ease , Even shills such as @20falarVerdades cant argue with these FACTS.
I like both fighters because I love wrestling, but their overall lvl is no where near the lvl of GSP or prime pre-USADA hendricks

First of all, I loved the Main Event entertainment wise, but holly shit, on a technical stand point that fight was so bad :

- Extremely poor distance management by both fighters, so many strikes thrown in the air by colby, the last time I saw that much strikes in the air was at a WMMA fight in the prelims of UFC 243 ( cant remember the fighter's name ). LOL at colby's superman punch ...

- Poor overall defense, chin in the air, almost 0 low kicks checked, high kicked blocked with one hand, head movement almost inexistent. Both getting tagged every time they throw a combination.

- The overall footwork was also very average, specially for usman, the dude doesnt know how to cut the cage. Colby was better in this aspect

- All those kicks were awful, no hips rotation, no power, slow etc no

- However I have to say that Usman's work to the body was very impressive, and was the reason of his success, completely shutting down colby's pace. But other than that this fight was so poor technically for 2019 standards. I know they are wrestlers, and striking is not their shit but c'mon ...

- All that to say that GSP ( GOAT inside and outside the octagon ) destroys them both in any ways he wants.

View attachment 693707

LOL at how insecure GSP fanboys are. There can't have one fight at WW that they become insecure little girls, ready to point fault at every turn and always end up with their conclusion that GSP is superior.

That's such an asinine notion that we only have to take a look at the fact that GSP came back at MW then wanted to have nothing to do with WW and go straight to LW.
Let me make it clear: that was for a reason. The style of Colby and Usman are very similar, and BOTH would probably wrestlefuck GSP to a decision at this point.

Now, don't get me wrong; GSP at his peak would probably beat them, since he had the perfect game to beat wrestlers (killer jabs and great timing).
But it is pathetic how GSP fanboys feel the need to point out the obvious just due to their own insecurities.

LOL at how insecure GSP fanboys are. There can't have one fight at WW that they become insecure little girls, ready to point fault at every turn and always end up with their conclusion that GSP is superior.

That's such an asinine notion that we only have to take a look at the fact that GSP came back at MW then wanted to have nothing to do with WW and go straight to LW.
Let me make it clear: that was for a reason. The style of Colby and Usman are very similar, and BOTH would probably wrestlefuck GSP to a decision at this point.

Now, don't get me wrong; GSP at his peak would probably beat them, since he had the perfect game to beat wrestlers (killer jabs and great timing).
But it is pathetic how GSP fanboys feel the need to point out the obvious just due to their own insecurities.
Actually nothing to do with GSP, I had the same conclusion with DC vs stipe being a far lower lvl than crocop vs fedor back in the day. Here a thread about it :
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...division-is-on-a-whole-new-level-now.4001727/

lol colby wrestlefucking gsp ... the dude got wrestlefucked by a bjj guy for 10 minutes ... GSP faced better wrestler than colby, and put them on their back with ease. GSP vs colby is a total mismatch.

Usman is a tougher fight I agree, the 100 per cent takedown defense is very impressive.

It’s a problem with MMA. If two excellent wrestlers fight each other you always see the worse side of their game. Some average standup.

Actually nothing to do with GSP, I had the same conclusion with DC vs stipe being a far lower lvl than crocop vs fedor back in the day. Here a thread about it :
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...division-is-on-a-whole-new-level-now.4001727/

lol colby wrestlefucking gsp ... the dude got wrestlefucked by a bjj guy for 10 minutes ... GSP faced better wrestler than colby, and put them on their back with ease. GSP vs colby is a total mismatch.

Usman is a tougher fight I agree, the 100 per cent takedown defense is very impressive.

The problem for GSP is that he probably don't have the timing and the pace to go 5 rounds against Colby.
Say what you want, but Colby was able to fight for 2+ rounds with a broken jaw. That's toughness. And mental toughness as well.

GSP would not be able to keep pace with Colby. IMO he would get overwhelmed.
Again, this is nowadays. In his peak I already noted GSP beats both. With ease. (He would probably just keep them at bay with jabs, much like he did Koscheck).

The problem for GSP is that he probably don't have the timing and the pace to go 5 rounds against Colby.
Say what you want, but Colby was able to fight for 2+ rounds with a broken jaw. That's toughness. And mental toughness as well.

Again, this is nowadays. In his peak I already noted GSP beats both. With ease. (He would probably just keep them at bay with jabs, much like he did Koscheck).
The pace yesterday wasnt that impressive, 5 rounds of striking, with the 3 round being very slow. GSP has been in higher paced fights with grappling and striking included, plus colby will be on his back for the majority of the fight ...

Again, if a bjj guy can outwrestle you for 10 minutes, it is very likely that the best MMA wrestler of all time will wrestle fuck you for 25 minutes. Now go jerk yourself on silva's losing streak weirdo ...
Capture d’écran 2019-11-02 à 15.38.59.png

I don't see GSP having a problem with Colby's pace. He would just light him up and prevent him from landing his own strikes.

Usman did have some excellent body shots.

The pace yesterday wasnt that impressive, 5 rounds of striking, with the 3 round being very slow. GSP has been in higher paced fights with grappling and striking included, plus colby will be on his back for the majority of the fight ...

Again, if a bjj guy can outwrestle you for 10 minutes, it is very likely that the best MMA wrestler of all time will wrestle fuck you for 25 minutes. Now go jerk yourself on silva's losing streak weirdo ...
View attachment 693717

Are you that desperate to make a fool of yourself?

A wrestler, when fighting a BJJ guy uses their wrestling to stay up. Then they have to strike with the BJJ guy.
That has NOTHING to do with fighting GSP who is NOT a BJJ guy. So not only your point is wrong, but it also does not apply to the topic at hand.

BTW: what does SIlva have to do with this conversation?? Obviously nothing, but you can't properly respond, so you are like an idiot.
Well, that only comes to prove me right. Desperate GSP fanboy can't even fathom the fact his retired old fighter can't beat a fighter who is peaking now... and he has a hissy-fit and tries to change the conversation.

I don't see GSP having a problem with Colby's pace. He would just light him up and prevent him from landing his own strikes.
The problem is that GSP ver rarely light anyone up.
He would try to jab and keep him at a distance. But if Robbie couldn't keep Colby away, I don't think GSP would be able to (again, we are talking NOW, not while he was in his prime).

Are you that desperate to make a fool of yourself?

A wrestler, when fighting a BJJ guy uses their wrestling to stay up. Then they have to strike with the BJJ guy.
That has NOTHING to do with fighting GSP who is NOT a BJJ guy. So not only your point is wrong, but it also does not apply to the topic at hand.

BTW: what does SIlva have to do with this conversation?? Obviously nothing, but you can't properly respond, so you are like an idiot.
Well, that only comes to prove me right. Desperate GSP fanboy can't even fathom the fact his retired old fighter can't beat a fighter who is peaking now... and he has a hissy-fit and tries to change the conversation.
"A wrestler, when fighting a BJJ guy uses their wrestling to stay up. Then they have to strike with the BJJ guy." exactly, a bjj guy put colby on his back for 10 minutes.

GSP, who is much much better at putting guys on their back than the BJJ guy ( RDA ), would put colby on his back for 25 minutes . Plus GSP 's bjj is not even on the same lvl as both usman and colby, I am amazed I have to even mention it ...

"A wrestler, when fighting a BJJ guy uses their wrestling to stay up. Then they have to strike with the BJJ guy." exactly, a bjj guy put colby on his back for 10 minutes.

GSP, who is much much better at putting guys on their back than the BJJ guy ( RDA ), would put colby on his back for 25 minutes . Plus GSP 's bjj is not even on the same lvl as both usman and colby, I am amazed I have to even mention it ...
Sorry, kid. But you are too desperate to note that I am talking now, not 5 years ago.
Colby beat a better BJJ guy in Maia.

And GSP is far removed from his best days due to age and obviously not training seriously for many years. you got nothing but your desperate dream that GSP didn't change from his best days which is asinine and as noted, desperate.

Sorry, kid. But you are too desperate to note that I am talking now, not 5 years ago.
Colby beat a better BJJ guy in Maia.

And GSP is far removed from his best days due to age and obviously not training seriously for many years. you got nothing but your desperate dream that GSP didn't change from his best days which is asinine and as noted, desperate.
well that's my point, prime GSP beat them both with ease.

well that's my point, prime GSP beat them both with ease.
<Deported1>
Sorry, kid. But now you got caught lying.
I noted on my first fuicking post that Prime GSP beat them.
You were responding to NOW.
Don't play dumber than you are.

<Deported1>
Sorry, kid. But now you got caught lying.
I noted on my first fuicking post that Prime GSP beat them.
You were responding to NOW.
Don't play dumber than you are.
I was responding to the fuck I want to responds? What 's wrong with you ?
Prime GSP beat them both in my opinion, you disagree, cool just express your opinion and shut the fuck up. If you re not happy leave the thread ...
and honestly, even today's GSP according to sources is still in peak form, I would favor him against both. But I am a fan so bias. We can agree to disagree you know that mate ??

Back