Amanda Nunes - what's next?

SmoothPies

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Amanda probably had her toughest fight since shevchenko, and still won a sound decision.

Can't help but wonder if there is anything else she has to do in this sport. Look at who she has beaten:

Cyborg
Shevchenko x 2
Ronda
Meisha Tate
Holly Holm
GDR x 2

You could make the argument that 5 of those fighters are the ones behind her in the WMMA GOAT discussion.

I just think it will be hard to find her a compelling matchup. Sure, let some time pass and maybe Aspen Ladd, or other up and comers will eventually pose a threat.

Amanda probably had her toughest fight since shevchenko, and still won a sound decision.

Can't help but wonder if there is anything else she has to do in this sport. Look at who she has beaten:

Cyborg
Shevchenko x 2
Ronda
Meisha Tate
Holly Holm
GDR x 2

You could make the argument that 5 of those fighters are the ones behind her in the WMMA GOAT discussion.

I just think it will be hard to find her a compelling matchup. Sure, let some time pass and maybe Aspen Ladd, or other up and comers will eventually pose a threat.

Would love to watch her TKO Shevchenko.

Anything she wants. There really is no threat whatsoever in her division, unless Bullet decides to fatten up that ass.

I'm starting to believe that the Claressa Shields fight will actually happen out of desperation.

Christmas and New year with family I assume

Lost to smaller Valentina on the rematch, GDR got her to panic wrestle for 4 rounds, i picked Nunes to win by TKO, not by snoozefest.

Cyborg
Shevchenko x 2
Ronda
Meisha Tate
Holly Holm
GDR x 2

Bring Ronda back for another spanking.

Cyborg
Shevchenko x 2
Ronda
Meisha Tate
Holly Holm
GDR x 2

Thus commence sanctioned inter-gender bouts.

I'm starting to believe that the Claressa Shields fight will actually happen out of desperation.

Not just desperation. That fight would probably sell pretty well, I'm guessing.

Valentina was robbed against her ... Should be a trilogy grudge match

But I wouldn't blame Nunes for avoiding it ... Valentina better everywhere

Nothing. I think i was one of first here, that was talking about her resume as best in wmma, but I realized it's mainly based on hype behind Ronda Rousey, and that hype was leading to overhyping fighters like Tate, Zingano and in consuquence Holm and other related fighters. There's few legit girls, who can really fight like pros and that's it.
Fight with Shields is nonsense.
Instead of desperate trying to milk "goat" status of Nunes, maybe try to develop more talent in 115 and 125 divisions.

Valentina is the only one who can beat her

GDR was really disappointing. I thought she would have worked on her takedown defense after the first fight

Can't really blame Amanda for making it a grappling match

Harrison could make 145. She walks around at about 160 but doesn't like cutting weight

UFC should bring her in to fight Amanda

I guess a 145 title defense.

she better off going to bellator. they can still let her box and as she trains mma.

Back