Alex'intelegence and planning suprised Max in the first round

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
Volkanovski is a guy that i respect and support so maybe this will be a little biased.

The damage with the leg kicks in the first round supported with the aggressive exchanges when they were in a short range shook Max.
That initial impression confused Max and couldn't figure it out until the last minutes of the fight were there was no impact in the fight.

i believe that Max was hoping that Alex will fade in the championship rounds because of the lack of experience fighting for 5 rounds but my boy was sharp until the finish.
Props to Max that started leading with that hurt leg at the end of the fight.
he knew that has no options left.

Alex's team is studying the opponents masterfully and Alex showed the mental capacity to work according to plan.

The ability to shutdown the opponents who are considered GOATS in the division is very GSP esque.

I hope that there will be no rematch with Max and Alex will have a different opponent for the next bout (KZ if he beats Edgar imo).

ALEX BLESS!!!

I'm a Max fan, but I got to give Alex credit. His game is on point. Power, speed and cardio. He's going to be tough to beat in that division..

He's like what we always wanted Chad Mendes to be...

Alex surprised me big time. Mainly with his intelligent plan.

When Max finally decided to just eat the leg kicks, push the pace and try to pressure him the fight changed. Alex and his corner are very cerebral. They fought the right type of fight and planned well. These guys will fight again. I suspect Max will do better in the rematch but I don't want to see it right away.

I'm a Max fan, but I got to give Alex credit. His game is on point. Power, speed and cardio. He's going to be tough to beat in that division..

He's like what we always wanted Chad Mendes to be...

He reminds me more of Edgar than mendes, but with more power and better fight IQ

When Max finally decided to just eat the leg kicks, push the pace and try to pressure him the fight changed. Alex and his corner are very cerebral. They fought the right type of fight and planned well. These guys will fight again. I suspect Max will do better in the rematch but I don't want to see it right away.

Yeah I'm with you on that. Max definitely deserves another shot but not immediately imo. Might be a good time for him to take some r and r. He's been quite active of late

The biggest surprise was his gas tank, he went 5 rounds without slowing down and that's not east against Max.

Also his distance managment was great. Amazing win for him, I think he will finish many guys in his title defences.

Alex was great and really impressed he came with a great plan and I think his first round was very important in how the fight went

The thing is fighters come into there prime and Alex looks to be improving and coming into Prime

Max has had some wars but still has it i think today Alex just looked like he was on a mission . Alex had the win at all costs no matter what mentality .

Congrats to both fighters

Considering the fact that Alex was getting criticised by this forum for the lack of IQ during the Elkins fight. He improved so much since that fight
and earned his right to become the champ.

Alex is a master game planner. After he put together a great game plan against a vet like Aldo, shutting him down mentally, I was optimistic he'd have another great one for Max.

Back