Germaine Dermandamie

West Linn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Rogan couldn't pronounce her name at the weigh ins. During the broadcast DC tried to say de Randamie, then stopped and just said Germaine. Why aren't commentators able to pronounce a fighter's name right?

Also, War Nunes. Female GOAT.

Serves her right for not having a name like Smith.

Being Italian I'm used to American commentators being totally unable to pronunce our family names, not a big deal.

If you talk about DMT all the time, you start to have trouble learning words with too much vowels.

This is actually a pet peeve of mine. If you are paid to talk about sports, put a little effort into learning to pronounce the athletes’ names. There’s a local sports radio guy where I live who regularly butchers the names of players from the local teams, then laughs it off as if it’s unreasonable to expect him to have a modicum of professionalism.

Maybe Joe was too. Should we accuse you of being on drugs because you misspelled a word?

I didn't accuse Joe of being on drugs. Also, I was on drugs. Alcohol is a drug. Last thing, it was just a joke, bud.

Man I don't understand people who can't pronounce names. How much of an uneducated dumbass you have to be lol
Not asking for a perfect accent, but it shouldn't be a problem to read letters in the good order

Man I don't understand people who can't pronounce names. How much of an uneducated dumbass you have to be lol
Not asking for a perfect accent, but it shouldn't be a problem to read letters in the good order

Rogan couldn't pronounce her name at the weigh ins. During the broadcast DC tried to say de Randamie, then stopped and just said Germaine. Why aren't commentators able to pronounce a fighter's name right?

Also, War Nunes. Female GOAT.

Henry vs Nunes next.

"When I speak to millions of people, I am not nervous and speak perfectly and without fail. I also speak to millions regularly so I know this. Why can't he do something so basic?"

Damn near every poster in this thread.

Joe is usually pretty good with names. He’s called thousands of fights over the years, the occasional hiccup is inevitable. Relax buddeh.

Back