Computer Judging

genecop

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don’t know shit about the feasibility of something like this, but is it possible..Cameras, Algorithms, etc..

AI can get us there, yes.

Not there yet.

I guess for the time being we can try hiring competent people who don’t give off the vibe that they smoked a bunch of crack before adjudicating the fights. That’s probably a good start.

A certain amount of guestimation comes into it that might not be easy with a computer, like whether a shot is a power shot or not.

Yeah, very hard still. Fighters would start to score against a computer, not the fighter or a human judge. What we need is good people judging the fight as a whole. This is not boxing.

EDIT: I would also like to see longer rounds, first one 10 min. for example

Eventually but MMA is very subjective. Stats don't really tell you who one but I guess AI would be able to tabulate cage control aggressiveness etc. Doubt it will be utilized when baseball already has an easy fix with AI to call strikes and balls but the old heads refuse to implement it.

People would bitch and moan bout losing their government jobs And ultimately stop it from being used no matter how perfected any theoretical judging ai ever becomes.

Back