Aldo fighting Cejudo next?

EricSpider

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Dana said in the post-fight press conference he thinks Aldo won the fight and that Cejudo thinks the same and wants Aldo. Says he does not have a problem with the idea and is sure people would wanna see it.

(at 48:06 and 50:00)

As a huge Aldo fan, I would love it. As a reasonable person, I think the clear way to go is 5 round Aldo vs Moraes 2.

Aldo is still the Featherweight GOAT. Uncle Goof knows this.

Aldo lost. Dana is fucking retarded. You can walk someone down but if you dont pull the trigger it won't give you any points. Anyone with eyes saw Moraes winning and landing the better shots. Rogan and Dana are idiots.

Aldo lost. Dana is fucking retarded. You can walk someone down but if you dont pull the trigger it won't give you any points. Anyone with eyes saw Moraes winning and landing the better shots. Rogan and Dana are idiots.
I guess im an idiot

Aldo isn't getting the next title shot. They need to stop trying to cut the line in front of the youngsters. Yan and Sandhagen are the next guys. Nobody should be cutting them without beating them.

Yeah I saw that in post conference.
Which made me think, is Aldo getting the next shot even though he lost?
So what was the point of fighting tonight?
Make weight and lose.

Aldo isn't getting the next title shot. They need to stop trying to cut the line in front of the youngsters. Yan and Sandhagen are the next guys. Nobody should be cutting them without beating them.

This.
It would be a fookin circus if not.

I was rooting for Aldo but im not blind. What did he land besides a couple of body punches? Rogan was so biased i feel he clouded the judgment of many.

Rogan was certainly very biased, but I still feel Aldo gave a very good account of himself in there tonight.

It was his bantamweight debut, fighting the #1 in the division, and he took some shots in that first round that Marlon would have sent other top tens to the shadow realm with.

I had it 1-1 going into the third. Gave Marlon the first off his cleaner and harder strikes, and the second to Aldo based on his effective aggression and straight shots down the middle. Thought Aldo started off the third round strong, but Marlon turned the tide with counter punching during the middle of the round, and I thought he did more during the second half than Aldo did during the first half.

So I gave the fight to Marlon, but thought it was competitive throughout.

Guess I don't have eyes. Certainly could have been 2-1 to Aldo.

Aldo's purse is pretty high compared to other non champion fighters, so I think it makes sense to put him in a title fight or at least have him headline an event next. I don't think it would make sense to match him up against someone without some name recognition in a 3-round fight.

UFC 245: Usman vs. Covington Fighter Salaries
  • Kamaru Usman: $500,000 (no win bonus) def. Colby Covington: $500,000
  • Alexander Volkanovski: $250,000 (no win bonus) def. Max Holloway: $350,000
  • Amanda Nunes: $450,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus) def. Germaine de Randamie: $100,000
  • Marlon Moraes: $220,000 (includes $110,000 win bonus) def. Jose Aldo: $400,000
  • Petr Yan: $132,000 (includes $66,000 win bonus) def. Urijah Faber: $250,000
  • Geoff Neal: $62,000 (includes $31,000 win bonus) def. Mike Perry: $90,000
  • Irene Aldana: $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus) def. Ketlen Vieira: $33,000
  • Omari Akhemedov: $110,000 (includes $55,000 win bonus) def. Ian Heinisch: $25,000
  • Matt Brown: $160,000 (includes $80,000 win bonus) def. Ben Saunders: $35,000
  • Chase Hooper: $48,000 (includes $24,000 win bonus) def. Daniel Teymur: $18,000
  • Brandon Moreno: $62,000 (includes $31,000 win bonus) def. Kai-Kara France: $25,000
  • Jessica Eye: $81,600 (includes $48,000 win bonus) def. Viviane Araujo: $59,400*
  • Punahele Soriano: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Oskar Piechota: $20,000
*Eye forfeited $14,400 of her show money to Araujo for missing weight"
Source: https://sports.yahoo.com/kamaru-usman-colby-covington-top-080646850.html

It was as close as it could be

Aldo won that fight. He landed the harder shots and did more damage.

Oh man I'm glad you said it and I wasn't the only one. Round 3 was the worst, Joe kept yammering on and on about how Aldo kept moving forward but there was 2:30 on the clock and Aldo had landed NOTHING. Literally nothing. Close fight and Aldo looked good but Dana and Joe need to calm the fuck down.

Aldo hasn't fought like his old self in years.

No kicks what so ever. Just a couple attempts at a flying knee. He has gotten lazy in his mma game.

Rogan was certainly very biased, but I still feel Aldo gave a very good account of himself in there tonight.

It was his bantamweight debut, fighting the #1 in the division, and he took some shots in that first round that Marlon would have sent other top tens to the shadow realm with.

I had it 1-1 going into the third. Gave Marlon the first off his cleaner and harder strikes, and the second to Aldo based on his effective aggression and straight shots down the middle. Thought Aldo started off the third round strong, but Marlon turned the tide with counter punching during the middle of the round, and I thought he did more during the second half than Aldo did during the first half.

So I gave the fight to Marlon, but thought it was competitive throughout.

Aldo looked allright, he just needed to pull the trigger a bit more. And use his leg kicks.

Back