Colby Would Have Lost Even If the Fight Wasn't Stopped

Snowy1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
One judge had it 3-1 Usman, another 2-2 and the last one 3-1 Colby.

If the last round wasn't stopped it would have easily been a 10-8 in Usman's Favour (Colby was getting battered and dropped twice). I have no idea how anyone with min third-grade maths ability can claim Colby could have won a decision.

In b4 Colby fanboys think round 5 would've been a tie after Usman manhandled him.

Last edited:

If the last round wasn't stopped it would have easily been a 10-8 in Usman's Favour (Colby was getting battered and dropped twice). I have no idea how anyone with min third-grade maths ability can claim Colby could have won a decision.

That sounds like it would have been a SD

Colby would have died if the fight wasn't stopped TS he literally curled into a ball.

Colby was just about to start making him drink through a straw

It was a very even fight leading to that stoppage. I dont know what the commentators were smoking but Colby was doing much better than they made out most of the time.
Good fight. Much more exciting than expected. There will be a rematch.
I had it much closer than that scoring

Correct.
Usman was winning the fight. And if you include the 2 knock downs and then getting his head battered for a minute, then yes, clear victory for Usman.
Even if he pulled guard (miracle) and held on, he would have lost the 5th rd. Or, more specifically, the last 2 minutes or so.
Every minute of the 5th would have mattered.
Usman decided to go for broke in the 5th 'just to make sure' and he executed perfectly.
Deserved to win.
They will eventually fight again. Good money to be made for both of them

He couldn’t have a won a decision once he got dropped (unless he dropped Usman back I guess, and Usman’s chin held up fine) but he obviously could have won the decision (and might have actually been favored to do so) up to the point that he got hurt.

Amazing fight. Amazing heart by both guys. It’ll get overshadowed by the bad blood but that was awesome.

Scorecards are difficult. Only clear rounds IMO were 3 for Usman and probably 4 to Colby, although I felt Usman was winning the fight as a single event. Ultimately what killed Colby was taking his foot off the gas in the 3rd. With the way he fights he needs to be relentless basically the entire way. Credit to Usman and his corner for targeting the body. Usman is such a beast at welterweight. I think Masvidal will have a shot though if he can avoid at least some of the takedowns.

It was a very even fight leading to that stoppage. I dont know what the commentators were smoking but Colby was doing much better than they made out most of the time.

Yea, I think they got swept up in the moment. It did look like Usman has heavier hands, but Colby landed some bombs. If you hadn’t seen these guys prior careers (in which both guys showed great chins and relatively weak hands) you would’ve been amazed that they were both still standing.

So the fight was really close. A read that a lot of people scored it 3-1 Colby and i can see why.
That being said just look at their faces, its clear who dealt the most damage. Scoring needs to account for that more imo.

even if it went the distance...

you'd have idiots saying he was robbed in the split and they had it 3-2 Colby. Then calling for an immediate rematch

luckily we dont have to deal with that now

In terms of round by round scoring, yes. However, Usman had done a lot more damage and was putting a severe beating on Colby at the time of the stoppage. The notion that he would have survived another 50 seconds after the two KDs and the 30 seconds of getting lit up even before that coupled with the broken jaw is laughable.

Not the greatest stoppage, but people are acting the Colby had the momentum when Goddard waved the fight off. That's ridiculous. Usman had broken him.

even if it went the distance...

you'd have idiots saying he was robbed in the split and they had it 3-2 Colby. Then calling for an immediate rematch

luckily we dont have to deal with that now

yeah thank fck for that. We just have idiots claiming early stoppage instead lol

In terms of round by round scoring, yes. However, Usman had done a lot more damage and was putting a severe beating on Colby at the time of the stoppage. The notion that he would have survived another 50 seconds after the two KDs and the 30 seconds of getting lit up even before that coupled with the broken jaw is laughable.

Not the greatest stoppage, but people are acting the Colby had the momentum when Goddard waved the fight off. That's ridiculous. Usman had broken him.
Well i cant speak for any of that as I never said any of that. Judging a fight how a fight is judged it was close. Damage is not a criteria.

Back