I dont think Aldo was robbed.

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It was close. Based on damage it was close. I thought Moraes was gonna murder Aldo. Aldo showed he can hang. Aldos stock does not drop after this L.

Not a robbery but for me that fight was the definition of a close fight with a clear winner.

Aldo landed the harder shots, was the agressor and controlled the fight. In a close fight controlling the center and being the aggressor should hold significant weight.

Oh well, Aldo still has a ton of fights left in him. First fight at the new weight class and arguably beat the clear number 1 contender.

Not a robbery but for me that fight was the definition of a close fight with a clear winner.

Aldo landed the harder shots, was the agressor and controlled the fight. In a close fight controlling the center and being the aggressor should hold significant weight.

Oh well, Aldo still has a ton of fights left in him. First fight at the new weight class and arguably beat the clear number 1 contender.
His stock does not drop at all. I would have been content with a draw. Judges dont want to give 10-10 rounds

Anyone else think that fight was just awful overall?

Moraes won rounds 1 and 3. DC and Rogan just did an awful job in the comentary desk (as always).

Moraes in round 1. Aldo in round 2. Three was murky, i don't like how much moraes backpedalled but he did land the better shots IMO

Moraes won rounds 1 and 3. DC and Rogan just did an awful job in the comentary desk (as always).
Yeah Joe was real bad with the biased commentary in that one. They were openly saying how moraes wasn't doing enough and throughout their spiel he landed some of his best shots and they didn't change their tone. Very close fight tho but Joe would've led you to think a clean 30-27 for Aldo...

It was close. Based on damage it was close. I thought Moraes was gonna murder Aldo. Aldo showed he can hang. Aldos stock does not drop after this L.
I luhv you TS...

But, yo momma is the one who got robbed when she ended up getting you :p

#WarAldo

Very close fight. Aldo was more aggressive but it's hard to argue too much with the decision.

Moraes landed the harder shots, and effective aggression is useless without the effective part.

Personally thought Aldo had it but considering it was close certainly not some major robbery. Props to Aldo regardless of the outcome though I like a lot of people thought he'd kill himself to make 135 and that Morares would make quick work of him. Guy's stock actually goes up in my eyes after that fight.

After R2, I thought Aldo was going beat up Moraes in R3.

It didn't happen. Moraes landed enough shots in R3 to win the rounds on scorecards.

It's unfortunate for Aldo, with a slightly better R3 he could have been next in line to fight Cejudo.

Marlon looked fast in the firs, or aldo looked slower. Latter in the third marlon looked gased, slowed down and backpedaled to stall. Aldo was the agressor and trying to win.

Aldo landed the harder shots

Please rewatch the match, because in fact was the opposite and Aldo was thinking touching the opponent more times even taking harder shots but less would render him the victory.

He's been badly coached, too much into boxing.

Back