Media Video comparing Colby & Marty's grappling versus RDA

Colby is the overwhelming favourite here. Usman will be drowning by the end of the 2nd round.

Last edited:
The story of the fight is going to be whether Covington can get out of the clinch with Usman and create distance.

If Colby can maintain separation, he wins the kickboxing match.

That said, most of my assessments of big fights this year have been totally wrong, so I'm not even going to try to make a prediction here.

It blows my mind that Sherdog is this bad at calling fights. Colby is the overwhelming favourite here. Usman will be drowning by the end of the 2nd round.

Define "drowning."

That Colby's TD#4 is a little silly, who cares if he can't get RDAs on his back if he actually ends up taking the back, lol.

That Colby's TD#4 is a little silly, who cares if he can't get RDAs on his back if he actually ends up taking the back, lol.
Because he didn’t do anything while on his back. He struggled a lot controlling rda and striking from that position would have made him lose it.

Had a real crazy dream ,admit I haven't stayed on top with UFC,don't really follow it anymore like I once did and don't know Colby besides his last fight nor his opponent who i never saw before . I dreamt Colby won in round 3 ( don't know what method )and we devised a gameplan at his gym and worked out with him ,I woke up ina sweat it was almost like I was there in another reality. lol

Anyway based on that got to go with Colby who in that dream apparently we were like best friends ? <5>

Usman has better top control and takedowns, Colby has better cardio and more activity. This fight will be decided by if Colby can get up off the bottom. If he can, he'll eventually overwhelm Usman

It blows my mind that Sherdog is this bad at calling fights. Colby is the overwhelming favourite here. Usman will be drowning by the end of the 2nd round.
Just a few hours mate, we'll see who drowns who.

lol you guys just don't know how to gauge matchups correctly...

Usman's gonna get tired in there, trust me. Colby will be winning some rounds in this fight, mark my words. He's getting the UD. Covington's got the best cardio out of any fighter I've ever watched.

Because he didn’t do anything while on his back. He struggled a lot controlling rda and striking from that position would have made him lose it.
We also haven't seen Marty on his back (or taken down for that part)...most wrestlers DO NOT LIKE being on their back and struggle with it mightily. If Colby can mix up his striking/clinch game/dirty boxing and somehow get it to the ground I think he wins. Problem is I think Marty is better at Colbys game with distance and pressure and I think he's physically stronger as well. I think Marty wins a boring decision tonight.

The story of the fight is going to be whether Covington can get out of the clinch with Usman and create distance.

If Colby can maintain separation, he wins the kickboxing match.

That said, most of my assessments of big fights this year have been totally wrong, so I'm not even going to try to make a prediction here.

I honestly think Kamaru has enough power that in one of those exchanges, he'll land a big enough shot to win the kickboxing exchanges too.

All and all, I'm honestly looking forward to this fight coming and going, the animosity and all that is cool but, generally speaking, these two are not the most exciting fighters.

Effective for sure, but they aren't getting me PUMPED to watch them. Those guys facing other fighters interests me more.

tldw: Marty's mma wrestling, grappling & control is superior

How about you watch the pre-fight analysis of Dan Hardy instead of this amateur comparing a few clips from a single fight.

He breaks down the grappling differences in this context a lot better.

Had a real crazy dream ,admit I haven't stayed on top with UFC,don't really follow it anymore like I once did and don't know Colby besides his last fight nor his opponent who i never saw before . I dreamt Colby won in round 3 ( don't know what method )and we devised a gameplan at his gym and worked out with him ,I woke up ina sweat it was almost like I was there in another reality. lol

Anyway based on that got to go with Colby who in that dream apparently we were like best friends ? <5>
Just best friends? Did anything else happen in this dream you want to share?

Back