Media Petr Yan vs Magomed Magomedov

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
Petr Yan's only loss has been to Magomed Magomedov, and vice versa. They both only have one loss in their careers and it's been to each other in two close fights.

Magomed "Tiger" Magomedov deserve UFC contract, after all Yan is #5 BW now. Why is this world class Dagestani not signed on yet?

How many Dagestan folks can we possibly have? The place is the size of my garage.

Petr Yan's only loss has been to Magomed Magomedov, and vice versa. They both only have one loss in their careers and it's been to each other in two close fights.

Magomed "Tiger" Magomedov deserve UFC contract, after all Yan is #5 BW now. Why is this world class Dagestani not signed on yet?

I agree that he deserves a contract, because the dude is a warrior, but...

The first fight was close and Pete Yan was robbed. He got -1 point in the last round for head but, which was total BS. Even ACB president said after the fight that he thought Yan won that fight.

In the second fight, Yan worked on his TDD and dominated Magomedov.

Those fights are epic though.

Per capital most MMA talent on the planet
Cant say I dissagree there. Eventually it will be like Christmas at my house. A big ol family brawl.

I agree that he deserves a contract, because the dude is a warrior, but...

The first fight was close and Pete Yan was robbed. He got -1 point in the last round for head but, which was total BS. Even ACB president said after the fight that he thought Yan won that fight.

In the second fight, Yan worked on his TDD and dominated Magomedov.

Those fights are epic though.

Second fight was unanimous 48-47 wouldn't call that a domination tho?

I really don't remember the score, all I remember from that fight is that Magomedov looked like this while Yan didn't have a scratch. Also I remember how Petr picked him up and slammed him.

5861501a75e4b.png

Kerimov defends his ACA title in a few hours. ACA is fuckin stacked with talent.

I really don't remember the score, all I remember from that fight is that Magomedov looked like this while Yan didn't have a scratch. Also I remember how Petr picked him up and slammed him.

5861501a75e4b.png

This is both of them at the end of the fight and video of it too

20191214_113542.jpg

Muhammad (Magomed in Russian) is the most popular name in the world and a top 10 name in the US.

Big fan of names and I did not know that, that's actually really interesting to me and something I should definitely have suspected at least.

That's some questionable scoring. I thought Yan won both fights pretty cleanly but Magomed is still a beast. He's otherwise ragdolled everyone he's faced. hasn't fought in over a year though, not sure what he's up to.

There are plenty of Russian Federation fighters that are good enough to be in the UFC. But the UFC aren't overtly interested in them because they are not natural draws for their usual market and they can be harder to get due to the pull of local promotions. ACA don't always let their guys go easily.

Magomed is basically early Khabib but with his weaknesses amplified. He's tireless, has superb wrestling and a great knack for subs but also fairly cluless when it comes to many aspects of striking. It's pretty amazing how often he falls for feints, for example.

Last edited:
Back