Media Jon Jones Heavyweight

GetSmoked

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
During September when he said a big announcement coming soon for UFC 245. He wanted to fight Stipe in that card but because he was injured and Dana was pushing him to do a trilogy with DC. Unfortunately, he did not get the chance to become a double champ but plans to move up to HW by next year when he finishes off Reyes and Corey. Confirms it at 15:55

Tbh, the trilogy and Stipe getting an eye injury by the fat dirtbag DC ruined the opportunity of Jon Jones and Francis Ngannou but don't worry! Jon Jones becomes a HW champ in 2020. I believe that will happen.

Last edited:
I’m a Jones fan and I think the idea that you’re going to “pump this thread” is ridiculous. What’s with the new trend of making semi-bold claims that nobody is ever going to remember you made if you’re wrong, just so you can bump them and get some kind of immeasurable validation on the off chance you’re correct?

I hate it here. Stockholm syndrome is a bitch.

Jones fan calling out DC for eyepokes. Irony.

Jones fan calling out DC for eyepokes. Irony.

Stipe would've fought Jones on the UFC 245 card if it wasn't for DC eye pokes.

CheerfulViciousFlounder-size_restricted.gif

I’m a Jones fan and I think the idea that you’re going to “pump this thread” is ridiculous. What’s with the new trend of making semi-bold claims that nobody is ever going to remember you made if you’re wrong, just so you can bump them and get some kind of immeasurable validation on the off chance you’re correct?

I hate it here. Stockholm syndrome is a bitch.

I don't know what you're talking?

If you hate here, leave the forum.

Is it me or did Jon look bigger than he usually is at the press conference?

He said he is 230 with 6 pack and yet he says there is a big gap between LHW and HW. He is already a HW. There never was a difference between LHW and HW, HWs are LHW who don't cut weight, except for freaks like Brawk who weigh 300 pounds and are real HWs, but those are a few. Canon was a HW, he decided to cut weight, now he is MW.

Stipe was like 233 against DC, so its not like he is some mountain of a man.
However thats the smallest Stipe got, because DC is a smaller HW for HW standards.
Prime HW Stipe is 243-246.Its not like Francis...cutting to 265.

230 with abs

Yet

There a huge gap between me and hw's lol

Yea maybe in calf muscles

I am not so sure he is moving up. Obviously he will fight DC at HW, since it is a safe, well paid fight, but going against the big guys is a risky move. He will always find new contenders at LHW...

He said he is 230 with 6 pack and yet he says there is a big gap between LHW and HW. He is already a HW. There never was a difference between LHW and HW, HWs are LHW who don't cut weight, except for freaks like Brawk who weigh 300 pounds and are real HWs, but those are a few. Canon was a HW, he decided to cut weight, now he is MW.

Not all 250lb dudes can’t cut to 205 on a whim. Providing one example doesn’t lay claim to a broad statement. Let’s see 240lb Arlovski cut to 205 since he is a hw who doesn’t cut.

Or stipe... or volkov... or dos santos... or Rozenstruik... or Harris

That being said, most people at 205 can generate enough power to stop some heavyweights. I’d bet some 185ers could faceplant the fatties, too. Jones has ample power for heavy at his current weight. His length is already average or slightly above for the division as well. The only disadvantage to Jones going to heavy is the grappling. That aspect won’t be as easy for him.

Back