Felder believes he earns a title shot with win over Dan Hooker

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
“I’m invading into his country. My whole plan is to knock his ass out in front of all his friends and family and take that money and get out of there and go on to a title shot.”

He says Dana was reluctant to give him a step up to main event....

Full quote below:
“I either wanted a really high ranked opponent or I wanted a main event,” Felder said. “I made that really clear to my manager, to Sean Shelby, to Dana White that, ‘Look, this is what I want.’ For some reason it seemed Dana was a little reluctant to give me that shot, to kind of give me that chance to step in there. I don’t know what it is about my style that is any question you wouldn’t want to have in a five-round fight.

“As far as intensity, that was real,” Felder told MMA Junkie. “I went down to New Zealand expecting a little bit of that from Dan because of how we interacted on social media. We kind of went back-to-forth a little bit. But that’s what it’s all about. We’re two guys that are trying to rally for a title shot after this one. We’re in each other’s way. That’s how it should be, that’s how it’s supposed to be when you’ve got a five-round main event with a guy.

“I’m invading into his country. My whole plan is to knock his ass out in front of all his friends and family and take that money and get out of there and go on to a title shot.”

paul-felder-edson-barboza-ufc-242-10.jpg

paul-felder-edson-barboza-ufc-242-14.jpg

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...ock-out-dan-hooker-in-front-of-friends-family

Actually pulling for Felder here, even though he definitely lost that 2nd fight with Barboza.

Last edited:
I like Paul but he is absolutely NOT getting a TS with a W over a hooker, I mean Dan

I like Felder but that is a stretch I think.

Still, War Felder. Maybe he gets it done. He’s not in boring fights, that’s for sure. I thought he edged Edson but they should really rematch

Could you imagine Paul Felder fighting for a title? Lol.

"He says Dana was reluctant to give him a step up to main event...."
Well of course... He need to move up a weight class and beat a fighter on a losing streak to earn a title shot. Is he living under a stone??

Is it me or has Felder seemed a little entitled after barely scratching past Edson?

Sorry Paul, but you'd have to see Just Bleed Gaethje or Dustin before sniffing a title shot.

Nah, you need to at least beat one top 5 guy. Hooker would be a good win, for sure, but not title shot worthy.

Is it me or has Felder seemed a little entitled after barely scratching past Edson?
Duh. In the cage he was respectful and said it could have gone the other way.

It's almost as if he watched it after and said no way I'm doing that again. That's when he came out with "I clearly won, numbers don't lie".

Felder should fight Fighter Kevin Lee or Justin Gaethje.

And I think he is too fast for Hooker. Easy fight.

How high was he when he made that statement?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back