Why is Mike Perry Still a Thing?

He's 6-5 in the UFC and is one of the most consistently exciting and most fun to watch fighters.
Also great sense of humor, great personality all around.

If you can't appreciate Perry, I don't know why you even watch MMA.

Entertaining in out of the cage

not a hard concept to grasp

stop being racist

LikableLittleGuernseycow-size_restricted.gif

Mike coming for that belt!

This is the problem with up and coming exciting fighters these days. Fans tend to overhype unready fighters and They get promoted and pushed too fast because of their personalities, fighting style, looks and etc. so when the time comes to actually fight higher level fighters who have been grinding away against proper competition they aren’t ready for that caliber of fighter. Unfortunately It’s way too common in Modern MMA.

Perry is a prime example of this. Sadly I think it wastes true potential for natural growth in the fighters we have.

Because he's an A-level athlete with a black belt in hands.

He's 6-5 in the UFC and is one of the most consistently exciting and most fun to watch fighters.
Also great sense of humor, great personality all around.

If you can't appreciate Perry, I don't know why you even watch MMA.

He prob got picked on by someone like Perry lol

Does he really have to be the absolute best to be worthwhile in watching? He may be a doofus with a face tat, but he comes to fight every time, win or lose.

Perry is the guy everyone wants as his neighbour

Have you seen him fight? He's entertaining as hell in and out of the cage.

Because he hasn't died yet and people respect that.

He fights to fight, has insane hearth, and has a very likeable personality.

Does he really have to be the absolute best to be worthwhile in watching? He may be a doofus with a face tat, but he comes to fight every time, win or lose.
Bingo. People jump on a bandwagon and if it crashes jump on the next one. Perry, Robbie, and cowboy may lose fights but you never really worry about them trying to win or giving their all. Matt Brown isn't a champ but I don't miss his fights because he will give his best. Shogun fans came out of the woodwork his last fight and it was cool. He's not the fighter that he was but the fans still supported their guy. I respect that.

He's sort of like a caricature of a human being. Like a Diaz bro light. I think he's amusing.

I don't think he is a thing anymore, to be honest. I mean, I can kind of take or leave his fights nowadays. I don't know. Time will tell.

Back