Khabib contract situation

Crom Cruach

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
As far as I can make out Khabibs last fight on his old contract was the fight against Dustin and the fight against Tony will be first on a new deal for him.

By all accounts it a nice pay raise for Khabib (well deserved) but, what doesn't seem to be out in public is how many fights he has signed up for on this deal.

Does anybody have any info or rumours about that.

Khabib has always indicated he would retire under his own terms and has threatened to do that a couple of times over the years when negotiations called for it. I have a suspicion that Khabib wants to get into politics in his home country when he retires and this new UFC contract might not be a long as the usual ones.

It'll probably still be longer then he intends to fight but that's only to make sure he comes back and competes in the UFC if he desires to come back and compete.

I thought he got one before Conor? Source please.

Also, we have no reason to believe he got out of having a Champions Clause in his contract, and lots of precedent to suggest he wouldn’t.

khabib will retire before 2021, either after losing to tony or GSP. Respect to the champ, great career, but every one has to loose at one point ...

Solid sources. He got one big payday for Conor ($2m + points) and apparently another bigger payday for Dustin (reported $6m), and I guess he signed yet another contract after Dustin. Nice.

But no, I didn’t find any other details, like # of fights. Sorry.

Solid sources. He got one big payday for Conor ($2m + points) and apparently another bigger payday for Dustin (reported $6m), and I guess he signed yet another contract after Dustin. Nice.

But no, I didn’t find any other details, like # of fights. Sorry.
The new contract was after the Mcgregor fight which is why he got a pay rise vs Dustin.

khabib will retire before 2021, either after losing to tony or GSP. Respect to the champ, great career, but every one has to loose at one point ...
Ok nostradamus

Doesn't really matter since he's probably going to retire before the end of it no matter how long it is. He wasn't going to fight for any other orgs anyway and hasn't really ever sounded like he has any interest in having more than a few more fights before retiring, so likely Tony to cement himself as the GOAT LW, then one superfight for recognition like GSP and then retire before the contract has even expired.

Khabib is making top tier UFC bank... if he does get passed Tony like I expect. Conor rematch or (I hope not) Mayweather boxing will put him in the list of top highest paid athletes period...

Back