what is the Probability of khabib becoming the next barao

tonytime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok first off khabib winning streak has surpassed baraos in his prime, and barao was beaten and had a no contest. also khabib only lost 1 round. And barao imo didn’t fight d Cruz who is on my top 5 ever mma fighters. However, barao was more active as a fighter. And Khabib isn’t as active as barao either. Arguably khabib has fought 5 guys maybe 4. He did fight no 11 guy in the world for the world title. barboza struggled against top 10. McGregor didn’t fight for ages, and he lost a round to him but still former 2 div champ. RDA is decent. Dustin is decent. However the tony Ferguson shenanigans. still a major * to his career now.

How could khabib loose his invisibility. weight cut. maybe khabib will be ok for the short term future but we don’t know what impact it will have. We have seen him prone to injuries and organ failure. With his style lot of strain on the knees going to be a major issue.

Also, khabib has never seen adversity. we don’t know what will happen when he is put in the corner. the little footage I have seen him losing in sambo tournaments. he did a Cormier. so maybe he doesn’t have the thickest of skin. also saw how Connor could get into his head very easily, and that even post fight he wasn’t even able to keep composure.

the welterweight questions. In lightweight khabib looks gigantic compared to the other fighters. I think aka probably the most knowledgeable to get big guys down weight like Rockhold, Daniel Cormier and khabibs cousin. which make me question khabib own belief of khabibs own ability with other wrestlers. as even tho lightweight the greatest division. however lacklustre within wrestling credibility. even tho khabibs wrestling and judo really on par with most athletes in ufc, apparently. I would like to see him against a Covington or Usman even gsp to see what would happen in a situation where somebody around the same size or a little bigger, forces him to stand up or use other skills. because now it’s been repetition. even the khabib boxing is very good where I think he could competitive on a domestic amateur scene in boxing. still have question to his volume and power even head movement, also hi kicking game is rudimentary. also, haven’t seen khabib mix up too much still in one gear.

I'm not sure if I'm having a stroke or epilepsy

Probably possible in the hopes of dreams of Conor fans who are upset Conor is infact becoming the next barao and losing all the time.

Seriously though, Tony is a much better fighter than Conor but he is at the end of his prime, he'll start getting merced a lot sooner than Khabib as he relies on his chin.

Conor is the oldest 31 year old in MMA and is already past his prime. It's visible in his face and body like how Nog aged overnight. He looks a lot softer, slower and stiffer as well.

Khabib being this huge, strong, imposing LW is a myth. He’s average size for the division and most guys he’s faced attribute his dominance to technique over brute strength. There’s no doubt he’s strong but he’s too small for WW and right where he needs to be. He’s probably the most technical wrestler we have ever seen in the cage though, I would say.

Holy run on thinking Batman... was that talk to text TS...?

The point of seeing how he responds to adversity has always been a question with Khabib I’d like to find out... same thing with Jones.

Probably possible in the hopes of dreams of Conor fans who are upset Conor is infact becoming the next barao and losing all the time.
He lost to Mayweather and Khabib - the GOATs of boxing and lower weight class MMA

Hes said himself that hes retiring soon but I dont put much stock into that even when gloves are left in the center. Hes been grinding hard most of his life and is probably looking forward to chilling with his family and training the next generation of savages in his homeland. Next Barao? Thats a no from me dawg.

I mean when you lose to Gleison Tibau the end is coming sooner rather than later

Kebab knows this and that's why he's retiring early

This is just the beginning, Conrad fans are coming back in full force! Wait a few weeks and there are going to be a lot of "head clean off" "nobody can take that left" threads...

Khabib is successful because of technique. Barao was successful because USADA didn’t exist and hype.

giphy.gif

Also Khabib hasn't changed since USADA so there ya go

Khabib being this huge, strong, imposing LW is a myth. He’s average size for the division and most guys he’s faced attribute his dominance to technique over brute strength. There’s no doubt he’s strong but he’s too small for WW and right where he needs to be. He’s probably the most technical wrestler we have ever seen in the cage though, I would say.

So why does Cormier say he's so strong then?

He’s probably the most technical wrestler we have ever seen in the cage though, I would say.

There's a handful of Olympians, including some gold medalists, who might disagree with this statement.

Khabib has benefited from a lack of high level wrestlers, and really even dudes with high level tdd in general, at lightweight. If he was in the grapplers shark tank that is WW, I doubt he'd crack top 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back