Anybody else still consider Overeem the winner?

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean, this isn't the jungle. This isn't about who would win in a fight to the death. It's a sport, and at the end of the day, Overeem won 24 minutes and 55 seconds of that bout. He was clearly the better fighter. A few seconds later, and he's winning a dominant 50-44 decision.

Nope. you're the only one and i thought Roz was stupid for turning his back like he did. It could have cost him.

NINTCHDBPICT000546036060-e1575798653960.jpg

I mean, this isn't the jungle. This isn't about who would win in a fight to the death. It's a sport, and at the end of the day, Overeem won 24 minutes and 55 seconds of that bout. He was clearly the better fighter. A few seconds later, and he's winning a dominant 50-44 decision.

Overeem won that fight.
Dan is not a doctor and it was not his place to end the fight because he didn't like that cut.
If he wanted, he could have stopped the clock and called in the doctor.
But he did not, and he fucked up.

IMO Overeem should complain to the AC and have this overturned. he won that fight.

Overeem won that fight.
Dan is not a doctor and it was not his place to end the fight because he didn't like that cut.
If he wanted, he could have stopped the clock and called in the doctor.
But he did not, and he fucked up.

IMO Overeem should complain to the AC and have this overturned. he won that fight.

It wasn't stopped for a cut. He stopped it because Reem got blasted in the face and didn't attempt to defend himself as his opponent pulled back from hitting him. Thats exactly within the rights of the ref's job.

100% the winner.
Roozenstruik walked off with 4 seconds to go and overeem stood up.
Overeem was up at least 3 rounds...
in the time left there was no way possible jarzinho would hit him (je had is back turned and a few metres away)

SO FUCKING ROBBERY YES!!!

It wasn't stopped for a cut. He stopped it because Reem got blasted in the face and didn't attempt to defend himself as his opponent pulled back from hitting him. Thats exactly within the rights of the ref's job.
His opponent was many metres away (by his stupid own choice) and would not hav e been able to hit him in the 4 remaining seconds)

On his way to win the decision or not, I hate walk-offs when the guy isn’t KOd but more importantly I hate refs who feel pressured by a walkoff to then call it off

I admire was it Herb who told Anderson how it is when he walked away from Bisping

I’m not against TKO stoppages during barrages, I’m against these stupid walk-offs (BJ Penn vs Sherk comes to mind, the fighter doesn’t call the fight!)

On his way to win the decision or not, I hate walk-offs when the guy isn’t KOd but more importantly I hate refs who feel pressured by a walkoff to then call it off

I admire was it Herb who told Anderson how it is when he walked away from Bisping

I’m not against TKO stoppages during barrages, I’m against these stupid walk-offs (BJ Penn vs Sherk comes to mind, the fighter doesn’t call the fight!)
In this case even with 4 seconds to go it was a clear win for overeem.

Jairzinho is lucky Overeem started stumbling around which made Dan stop the fight.

However I'm not sure he would have won the fight. With a finish like that, Jairzinho might have taken home a 10-8 and it would have been a draw because 2 of the judges gave the 4th to Jairzinho

We should be thankful Jairzinho didn't followed with more punches, or Overreem would have lost a part of his face.

Overeem barely won the first three rounds. Lost the 4th, and was almost wearing his lip as a hat in round 5. So nah

Reem lost. He got blasted, arms were at his side when he was against the fence (not intelligent defense), got up and was stumbling, he was out of it.

Dan’s stoppage was definitely weird, but the right call was made in stopping the fight.

We all know that Overeem is a better fighter, no doubt about it and he was the better fighter last night, no doubt about it. He lost, he is still better and everyone knows that.

Sorry, but that is BS and quite a big lie.

He didn't have to defend himself because Jairzinho never followed up. And he stood up right away, proving he was not out.
And with only 3 seconds left, it is not even clear if Jairzinho could have time to his AO even one and put him away.

I can consider him to be the King of Siam, doesn't make him so. It is what it is.

Overeem barely won the first three rounds. Lost the 4th, and was almost wearing his lip as a hat in round 5. So nah
A 10-9 is a 10-9 win over the round even if it was barely

U can’t say he barely won the rounds that he won so let’s stop the fight even tho he was up 3 rounds to 1, he was barely winning them

That’s not logic and that’s not the official rules

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back