Perfect reaction for Jairzinho and referee, some of you are crazy.

usadaguy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm huge Overeem fan and I'm mad that he couldn't last few more seconds and get 48-47 decision win (I thought he won first 3 rounds). He should just avoid the fight and keep his hands up at the end.

However Reem was super defensive, he couldn't finish him on the feet and on the ground. He had side control and couldn't do damage. He landed big power shots and Jairzinho wasn't even hurt.

Overeem's takedowns from the clinch are very good, but his single/double leg entries are so slow and predictable just like his single hooks punches. He was significantly more tired than Rozenstruik.

Rozenstruik landed few nasty liver shots in championship rounds that's why Reem gassed out, he might broke his ribs and Overeem couldn't hold his guard up.

Jairzinho landed deadly combo at the end, Reem was done just like his lip. Jairzinho could send his sleep in last few seconds, but he walked away. Mad respect for this. Referee saw Reem is done so he stopped this fight and rightfully so.

Alistair should finally retire, it's very stressful for me and his fans to watch his fights. Current Reem is not confident at all. Jairzinho or Ngannou can take a shot, Overeem just can't. I would love to see Ubereem vs Jairzinho / Ngannou. Overeem must go away from this sport, he have enough money and enough CTE.

I'm huge Overeem fan and I'm mad that he couldn't last few more seconds and get 48-47 decision win (I thought he won first 3 rounds).

Firstly, this isn't an attack. You took the time to write a well-worded post on Sherdog. Props. But the fact is that all the judges had it 4 rounds to Reem. So that's the first problem with your post.

Secondly, you can't deal with what ifs in MMA. IF Rozy hadn't walked away he would have finished him. Well he did walk away. His own stupid fault. And he should have been punished for ignoring rule #1 of all fucking sport: play to the whistle (in this case, bell/stoppage).

I mean I'm not arguing that Rozy wouldn't have won that fight. I'm simply saying that he walked away before his opponent was incapable of continuing. Whether Reem could have continued for 5 minutes or 2 seconds is irrelevant. And in this case, letting the fight go on for the guy standing on his feet would have resulted in a win for said guy.

Firstly, this isn't an attack. You took the time to write a well-worded post on Sherdog. Props. But the fact is that all the judges had it 4 rounds to Reem. So that's the first problem with your post.

Secondly, you can't deal with what ifs in MMA. IF Rozy hadn't walked away he would have finished him. Well he did walk away. His own stupid fault. And he should have been punished for ignoring rule #1 of all fucking sport: play to the whistle (in this case, bell/stoppage).

I mean I'm not arguing that Rozy would have won that fight. I'm simply saying that he walked away before his opponent was incapable of continuing. Whether Reem could have continued for 5 minutes or 2 seconds is irrelevant. And in this case, letting the fight go on for the guy standing on his feet would have resulted in a win for said guy.

/thread

I mean I'm not arguing that Rozy wouldn't have won that fight. I'm simply saying that he walked away before his opponent was incapable of continuing. Whether Reem could have continued for 5 minutes or 2 seconds is irrelevant. And in this case, letting the fight go on for the guy standing on his feet would have resulted in a win for said guy.
No. Its clear to everyone that the Reem was done. Respect for walking away. You're suggesting he land an uppercut on the dazed reem and put him in hospital. I disagree. Edit. fighters lives are in danger in this sport. it isnt marbles. If you continue till stopped then the chance of someone getting critically injured increases.

3/4 rounds for Reem, doesn't matter because Jairzinho won by knockout not by split/majority decision.

I prefer walk away KO than unnecessary punches.

ConventionalScrawnyEyelashpitviper-size_restricted.gif

No. Its clear to everyone that the Reem was done. Respect for walking away. You're suggesting he land an uppercut on the dazed reem and put him in hospital. I disagree. Edit. fighters lives are in danger in this sport. it isnt marbles. If you continue till stopped then the chance of someone getting critically injured increases.

I disagree. It's the referee's decision as to whether or not an opponent is finished, not the other fighter. Rozy's reaction influenced the official. Poor form.

3/4 rounds for Reem, doesn't matter because Jairzinho won by knockout not by split/majority decision.

I prefer walk away KO than unnecessary punches.

ConventionalScrawnyEyelashpitviper-size_restricted.gif

I agree. I also prefer walk away KO. When it's actually a KO. Not when the fighter decides it is.

I wish that gif last 2 seconds longer. Even in that gif, his hands immediately support his weight to get back up.

Reem had this in the 3rd when landing GnP at will, much like against Rogers. But he chose to stand up.

overeem was always dominating until that strike landed, his whole career. you don't see the signals man, getting split up like this is no joke.

I agree. I also prefer walk away KO. When it's actually a KO. Not when the fighter decides it is.

I wish that gif last 2 seconds longer. Even in that gif, his hands immediately support his weight to get back up.

Rozenstruik had perfect position to finish him on the ground, just perfect position I mean Overeem on his ass hands down, stuck next to the fence.

FatalVigilantChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

Just like your boy Yoel did.

Actually Rozenstruik had much better position than Romero just..

DlK-v1ZU8AAuXez.jpg

I'm huge Overeem fan and I'm mad that he couldn't last few more seconds and get 48-47 decision win (I thought he won first 3 rounds). He should just avoid the fight and keep his hands up at the end.

However Reem was super defensive, he couldn't finish him on the feet and on the ground. He had side control and couldn't do damage. He landed big power shots and Jairzinho wasn't even hurt.

Overeem's takedowns from the clinch are very good, but his single/double leg entries are so slow and predictable just like his single hooks punches. He was significantly more tired than Rozenstruik.

Rozenstruik landed few nasty liver shots in championship rounds that's why Reem gassed out, he might broke his ribs and Overeem couldn't hold his guard up.

Jairzinho landed deadly combo at the end, Reem was done just like his lip. Jairzinho could send his sleep in last few seconds, but he walked away. Mad respect for this. Referee saw Reem is done so he stopped this fight and rightfully so.

Alistair should finally retire, it's very stressful for me and his fans to watch his fights. Current Reem is not confident at all. Jairzinho or Ngannou can take a shot, Overeem just can't. I would love to see Ubereem vs Jairzinho / Ngannou. Overeem must go away from this sport, he have enough money and enough CTE.

i pretty much agree with all your points and am also a reem fan. however it was very close to a palhares situation. big danny M did it mess it up, if he just waved it off immediately when he got in there no one would really complain i don't think. however he did a herb and second guessed himself and then was like uhhh what now oh he's wobbly getting up i guess i'll wave it off.

you either stop it or you don't. you can't base waving it off on how the fighter acts after they get up. adrenalin can mask a lot of things

idk im kinda drunk

Rozenstruik had perfect position to finish him on the ground, just perfect position I mean Overeem on his ass hands down, stuck next to the fence.

FatalVigilantChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

Just like your boy Yoel did.

god damn that is such a fucking kill shot. just brutal

I disagree. It's the referee's decision as to whether or not an opponent is finished, not the other fighter. Rozy's reaction influenced the official. Poor form.
The referee stopped the fight in this case. The other fighter chose to not cause further damage.

i pretty much agree with all your points and am also a reem fan. however it was very close to a palhares situation. big danny M did it mess it up, if he just waved it off immediately when he got in there no one would really complain i don't think. however he did a herb and second guessed himself and then was like uhhh what now oh he's wobbly getting up i guess i'll wave it off.

you either stop it or you don't. you can't base waving it off on how the fighter acts after they get up. adrenalin can mask a lot of things

idk im kinda drunk

You are drunk, get rest bro, because you just compared Palhares vs Miller to Rozenstruik vs Overeem. Palhares walked away when he gnp Miller, Rozenstruik knocked him(and his lip) out and we all knows Reem and his career, he would not survive this 100%.

If its within rules why just not kill him.

I disagree. Its not death match.

It is a SPORT.

Regardless if one fighter is at the middle or end of his career.

Ok, and i see, since the fighter is at the end of his career, than it is even less pity for him...

Why are you people lying about this? The video is clear. Mirg didn't stop the fight until he saw Reem stumbling. The walkoff had nothing to do with it. It was based on Reem's body launguage.

It was a tough decision but I liked the stoppage.

Reem needs to fight smarter in the last round.

Why are you people lying about this? The video is clear. Mirg didn't stop the fight until he saw Reem stumbling. The walkoff had nothing to do with it. It was based on Reem's body launguage.

Exactly. Thats why it was perfect job by referee and Jairzinho. Rozenstruik acted like gentleman however he took a huge risk doing walk off KO in last seconds of the fight when he was losing on judges score cards.

Overeem is crazy and I wont be surprised if his next fight will be against Rumble at heavyweight.

Tl;dr

It wasn't a walkoff KO because Overeem got back up

Back