What Procedure or Business Model Would You Change In The UFC

JudoThrowFiasco

Charming Quark
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I suppose we could do this for all MMA, but for specificity, let's just narrow this to the UFC. Personally I would go with these 3.

1. Judges official score shown after each round. No more guessing or assumptions. Fighters should know the score heading into each round and hopefully that would incite more urgency from a person down on the scorecards who may think they are doing enough.

2. Give each fighter a base salary (on top of per fight deals) in exchange for mandatory match ups with reasonable rankings. Meaning, no one can refuse a fight if the opponent's is reasonably close to you in rankings (if feasible -- assuming they are viable options, late replacements may be excluded) no more top 10 guys picking opponent's or turning down fights

3. Smaller cage - nothing drastic but look into a smaller cage, reducing the surface area, could result in less posturing and evading. Hopefully resulting in more action, At least at the smaller weights.

What would yours be?

sponsors, even an approved list would've been better than a monopoly with minimal payout to fights

Judges official score shown after each round. No more guessing or assumptions. Fighters should know the score heading into each round and hopefully that would incite more urgency from a person down on the scorecards who may think they are doing enough.
This would have the exact opposite effect. The fighter who is ahead would just stall.

We already see this when they are just guessing... imagine if they knew it was guaranteed

This would have the exact opposite effect. The fighter who is ahead would just stall.

We already see this when they are just guessing... imagine if they knew it was guaranteed
Disagree, it makes no sense to keep scores unofficial till the end of the fight and should increase urgency. If a fight is going to stall, they'll do it regardless.

3. Smaller cage - nothing drastic but look into a smaller cage, reducing the surface area, could result in less posturing and evading. Hopefully resulting in more action, At least at the smaller weights.

What would yours be?

smaller cage would really fuck over strikers mate.

Disagree, it makes no sense to keep scores unofficial till the end of the fight and should increase urgency. If a fight is going to stall, they'll do it regardless.
Nah don't agree. Fighter A sees hes up two rounds even though it's a close fight he's gonna stall the 3rd and play safe. Currently a fighter never knows what the retarded judges are doing so finishing or dominating the fight for 3 rounds is a must

make 12-6 elbows, headbutts, knees/kicks to the head of grounded opponents legal.

no more judges, fights that go the distance are a draw.

1 round fights, 15 minutes or 25 minutes.

add in super heavyweight.

Last edited:
smaller cage would really fuck over strikers mate.

Not drastically smaller. Still room to set up and such. WEC cage was smaller, no? Would have loved to see Diaz and condit in a smaller cage.

One channel, one format, tune in, watch the entire fucking card..

Fighters lose money if it goes to a decision.

Nah don't agree. Fighter A sees hes up two rounds even though it's a close fight he's gonna stall the 3rd and play safe. Currently a fighter never knows what the retarded judges are doing so finishing or dominating the fight for 3 rounds is a must

If a judge is retarded, then announcing the score after round 1 is going to let people and the fighters know, and adjust accordingly

Id get rid of USADA and making juicing mandatory.

If there is no EPO you can not go.

Allright, you are entitled to your opinion.

Im just saying fighters themselves have made this point before. So this is a perspective from many people who are in there competing. I didnt come up with this. They said themselves they would do it.
<BC1>

Now sure, you may still disagree...

But furthermore, it TOTALLY blows up the suspense when bruce buffer is calling the winner. Huge turn off.

Schedule PPV’s around fights and not vice versa, ala boxing. Only for major fights—not monthly. Lesser title fights can be on ESPN.

Allright, you are entitled to your opinion.

Im just saying fighters themselves have made this point before. So this is a perspective from many people who are in there competing. I didnt come up with this. They said themselves they would do it.
<BC1>

Now sure, you may still disagree...

But furthermore, it TOTALLY blows up the suspense when bruce buffer is calling the winner. Huge turn off.

Not sure how fighters, who often ask their corner who won the round, wouldn't want to know the official score. I guess their views on stalling are valid, but if Cecil type judges are going to be asleep during the fight, I'd want to know asap

You're wrong.

I would stop lettingfighters hold up divisions with cross weight class superfights until they have cleaned out their division. The last few years ahave been ridiculous because of that nonsense.

Back