When Bisping became champion, who in the Top 10 could he beat?

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Who could Bisping beat in the division that he was champion in?

Middleweight Rankings July 2016:
C: Michael Bisping
1: Luke Rockhold
2: Chris Weidman
3: Jacare Souza
4: Vitor Belfort (post-TRTor)
5: Anderson Silva
6: Robert Whittaker
7: Lyoto Machida
8: Gegard Mousasi
9: Tim Kennedy
10: Uriah Hall

Honestly, at the time when he was champ, I could really only see him beating Silva, Belfort, and Kennedy because they were all post prime. Maybe Luke again if Luke went in there cocky.

He would've slept post-USADA Weidman and Vitor for sure

Luke was always overrated, his loss to Bisping wasn't a fluke and Bisping would've slept him again in a rubber match. Their first fight was the fluke because Bisping suffered a bad cut from Luke headbutting him.

Where's Yoel Romero?

I would have loved to see him fight Bisping.

He beat Luke and won me $300.. He could have beaten Weidman for sure.. Vitor, Anderson, Machida, Kennedy (their fight was close) and Hall. Maybe Jacare. So his title shot was somewhat unwarranted, he made the most of it and would have been competitive against many of the top 10.

Yoel might have murdered him.

He COULD have beat any of those guys

Would have lost to Yoel and probably Whittaker, in hindsight at least

Bisping would beat the current top 185ers easier than the old crew.

Where is Romero??? He beat Jacare in 2015 and should be above him in your rankings.

Bisping beat Rockhold and Anderoid, so those are obvious answers. He would beat Belfort, Kennedy (post USADA), and Hall easily.

Competitive fights with Weidman, Machida, and Mousasi.

Gets destroyed by Romero, Jacare, and Whittaker.

On a good day he would beat most

Mousasi would have FUCKED him up though

In hindsight

C: Michael Bisping
1: Luke Rockhold got beat
2: Chris Weidman, fell off USADA
3: Jacare Souza, old
4: Vitor Belfort (post-TRTor), off roids
5: Anderson Silva, Bisping beat him
6: Robert Whittaker would win
7: Lyoto Machida lost to Rockhold, Brunson and Romero at that time and is 38, USADA
8: Gegard Mousasi wins, but leaves to Bellator soon
9: Tim Kennedy, got USADAd
10: Uriah Hall, barely a top10 fighter

Beats: Belfort, Kennedy, and Hall

Competitive: Rockhold, Weidman, Silva, Machida

Loses: Jacare, Whittaker, Mousasi

giphy.gif

Uriah Hall and Tim Kennedy.

He could beat most of them, I would favor him over about 3-6 of them.

Only threats after he had the belt in my opinion were Moose, Yoel, and Bobby Knuckles with the latter posing the smallest threat. In that year, Bisping beats everyone else on the list. I think he beats Weidman at any point in time.

On the right night, Bisping can win a controversial decision against any mw. So, to answer your question, he could beat anybody on that list. Doesn’t change the fact that, at his peak, he was fringe top 5.

Luke Rockhold.

The only one that mattered that night.

Deal with it beta boy.

Bisping pulled a horseshoe out of his ass with the Rockhold win.

Worst MW champ in a long time.

He would've slept post-USADA Weidman and Vitor for sure

Luke was always overrated, his loss to Bisping wasn't a fluke and Bisping would've slept him again in a rubber match. Their first fight was the fluke because Bisping suffered a bad cut from Luke headbutting him.

This man knows.

I doesn't matter as he beat the champion at that time for the belt, regardless of who was in the top 10 & could have been a match up. He beat Anderson as well regardless of the cry baby's saying that he was knocked out etc. You go by the referee's call. Ref didn't call it a finish and called end of round so that is what is was even if he was on wobbly legs etc. Kennedy beat him on the given day that they fought, but Tim lost of most of the others listed. Hell, Bisping was fighting with only one eye ffs & still beating other fighters!

Back