City Kickboxing... best gym of 2019?

Anewt

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So as 2019 reaches a close and Volkanofski fights Max I was wondering if any other gym is having close to the same run of form ?

2018 I believe they went 12 - 1. seems to have continued into 2019 10 - 0 so far with the potential to pick up two more victories and maybe another belt if Volk gets it done.

Alexander Volkanofski, Israel Adesanya, Kai Kara France, brad riddell and shane young. Edit :: and the hangman

To go 22-1 in 2 years seems incredible to me but I've never paid much attention to a gym before. Most of the fighters are quite exciting which is a huge plus for me. Edit ( and hopefully two belts )

Any other gyms/ teams on a similar run or had similar.?

Last edited:
Absolutely yes. Even if Volk loses. Also Eugene Bareman is coach of the year without a shadow of a doubt.

You forgot, Dan Hookers also with them. Definitely one of the best gyms we've seen in a while

You forgot, Dan Hookers also with them. Definitely one of the best gyms we've seen in a while

That's embarrassing because I added his wins . He's one of the main reasons I created this thread. Cheers for pointing it out.

Volk polishes off fight camps there but don't think he reps them really.
He trains at Freestyle in NSW, Australia and tiger muay Thai in Thailand.
If (when) he beats Max, the belt is hanging on the wall at Freestyle

Kai Kara France won a hometown robbery against Paiva. His other two opponents were not UFC level.

Otherwise they've had a fantastic year. Riddell vs Mullarkey round 3 was one of the best rounds of the year.

But regardless of a few nitpicks , you are dead right. The gym has been amazing. Detractors can easily say the talent landed on their door but honestly at the UFC championship level that excuse really doesn't fly anymore (it only really did in recent memory with WMMA ).
They must be doing some amazing stuff there. When the home grown talent they've groomed starts impressing on the global scene...in the vein of more Dan Hooker calibre fighters... The proof will be undeniable and the haters will shut up
Having legit champ calibre guys like Volk going there during fight camps (reportedly due to excellent sparring matchups and opportunities) also tells a tale

Volk polishes off fight camps there but don't think he reps them really.
He trains at Freestyle in NSW, Australia and tiger muay Thai in Thailand.
If (when) he beats Max, the belt is hanging on the wall at Freestyle
If I'm not mistaken Dan Hooker also spent some time in Tiger Muay Thai. Even Izzy went there a couple of years ago.

If I'm not mistaken Dan Hooker also spent some time in Tiger Muay Thai. Even Izzy went there a couple of years ago.
Everyone from Australia and New Zealand goes there to train their Thai.
It's fucking cheap as sin to train and live there.

doing very well considering New Zealands location and lack of wrestling programme.Fighters coming out of New Zealand and Australia are going to be predominantly strikers.

Theyre making Steve Irwin proud <3
film087-600.jpg

film210-600.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back