Bigger Career Nosedive: Askren or Dillashaw?

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Ben Askren: Undefeated 18-0 upon entering the UFC, hailed as the next champ by many.

-Gets flash KOd and scores a controversial flukey win over Lawler in his UFC debut.
-Ends up on the receiving end of the fastest KO in UFC history against Masvidal.
-Gets put to sleep by 40 year old Maia in what was supposed to be a step down and build up fight then retires.

Dillashaw: Reigning bantamweight champ in his prime, on the verge of becoming a two division champ.

- Gets KOd in thirty seconds after a brutal weight cut and complains about an early stoppage.
- Gets stripped of his title and banned for several years after testing positive for a PED that cant be accidentally absorbed into the body.
-His vacant title is won by the guy who stomped him.

Thoughts?

i think it's askren. probably because he hyped himself so much, and came up so short. with dillashaw, he didn't do anything different to what other cheaters do. he was a champ that got caught. we've seen that story many times.

TJ no question.
Yep. Popping for PEDs is dumb if you win. Its downright tragic if you lose. Its unquantifiably disastrous if you get KOed by a cringey man smaller than you after you talk mad shit.

Dillashaw by far lol.

I don't see how Maia was supposed to be a build-up fight for Askren, that was one of his most difficult matchups in the top 15.

Ben Askren: Undefeated 18-0 upon entering the UFC, hailed as the next champ by many.

-Gets flash KOd and scores a controversial flukey win over Lawler in his UFC debut.
-Ends up on the receiving end of the fastest KO in UFC history against Masvidal.
-Gets put to sleep by 40 year old Maia in what was supposed to be a step down and build up fight then retires.

Dillashaw: Reigning bantamweight champ in his prime, on the verge of becoming a two division champ.

- Gets KOd in thirty seconds after a brutal weight cut and complains about an early stoppage.
- Gets stripped of his title and banned for several years after testing positive for a PED that cant be accidentally absorbed into the body.
-His vacant title is won by the guy who stomped him.

Thoughts?
TJ is obviously the biggest fall.
Got KO'd and caught for PED.

That's while Ben took everything Lawler had and still put him where he wanted.
Fuckup by referee or not, he reversed the momentum.
The KO was pure luck.
And the 40 year old Maia would still submit most of the UFC roster on the ground and was the hardest possible matchup for Ben given their respective styles.

So please keep your blind hate for Ben in check, cause you sound very bitter about it.

Last edited:
Askren lost 3 in a row ,tj lost once in different weight class, the thing is he lost to a midget so i choose dj

Dillashaw got caught by USADA
Askren got caught by a Flying Knee.

Askren's fall was much more entertaining.

Getting busted for 2 years and having that stain permanently on your record is definitely worse than losing 2 times and retiring on your own will.
Almost everyone loses, nothing to be ashamed about.

Last edited:
Askren lost 3 in a row ,tj lost once in different weight class, the thing is he lost to a midget so i choose dj

I would add Tyron Woodley to the equation

Based on your avatar, he has a dick shaved in his new haircut

Thats like losing 10 fights in a row, and flagged for too much estrogen

559971.jpg

TJ by far. Askren is past his prime. Sure maybe he was never the best but since he was in bellator and one during his main run we will never know. TJ was cocky and bragged about being the best. Then we find out he was not just cheating but was Lance Armstrong style cheating.

not even a contest. TJ

Comparing Askren to TJ, omg... Sherdog Sherdogging again. TJ > 10 abysses > Askren. WHO is Askren, anyway? /thread

Last edited:
I'd be more embarrassed if I was Askren personally. And it's still possible TJ could come back and beat some guys and people will just forget

TJ without a doubt.

Askren had a long career at the top then retired.

Dillashaw by a mile, Askren was old and pretty inactive, no one is surprised at how it went for him. Dillashaw had way more to lose and got knocked out and caught cheating, his whole name went for a shit while in his prime.

Last edited:
Back