Sara McMann vs. Lina Lansberg added to UFC Raleigh, North Carolina (January 25th)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a major wrestling bias, and with that, I have not yet given up on McMann as a contender. She does put in the effort with addressing her defensive shortcomings, but she still has gotten caught in subs time in and time out. I would love to see her get back on track with a win. I have always been a fan of her -- she hasn't lived up to her expectations, but MMA is a tough sport -- she's respectful, humble, and hardworking. This is a favorable match up for her which I expect her to win, no offense to the Queen of elbows.

Went to raleigh, nc for the first time in my life. I thought I went back in time by about 10 years.

McMann has disappointed me a few times, and Lansberg has impressed me a few times. On paper McMann should win, but I think Lansberg will outwork her.

McMann has disappointed me a few times, and Lansberg has impressed me a few times. On paper McMann should win, but I think Lansberg will outwork her.
I think this is pretty much my view too.
McMann has a lot of promise but it just hasn't really worked out for whatever reason.
Lansberg is game as f**k (I mean... she fought cyborg FFS..) and she's definitely someone fairly tough.

So yeah I'd say probably Lansberg gets the win.

Last edited:
This fight is going to suck so bad, I will only tune for the PBP thread comments

How is WMMA still a thing!? We need some MTF transitioners tossed in there to spice things up a bit!

Has Cifers v Van Buren been announced yet, looking forward to that one.

Went to raleigh, nc for the first time in my life. I thought I went back in time by about 10 years.
Only ten?

I live in NC (born in Raleigh) and they’re decades ahead of most of the state. Stop off in any small town outside there and you can travel back in time a lot farther than just ten years.

Hopefully we don't have the first death in the octagon.

b3mEJ5DM6wxfkM3oUIMhA6tZxY-nXzjvJQaekQEFePM.gif

McMann's a good wrestler & can win with power if she doesn't get caught in a submission. I like Lansberg's quickness and she's very good in the clinch especially with those elbows. Overall I like Lansberg's strengths along with her ring iq to win the fight.

Back